Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20B 5spd '90 in Okinawa!

Registered Member

Made a video the other day.

Antoine, if you're on Facebook feel free to join the Cosmo group called Cosmo Owners Group. It's a lot more active than here.

eunos cosmo type s 20b

That does sound good, I will have to post one when I get the Cosmo back,, just need that tunnel

My friend Jesse Lau sent me and email about this Cosmo.. You know him?

1993 MB RX-7 Touring "FEED"
    1994 35K miles mint SSM FD (future MS project)
    1991 Eunos Cosmo 20B Type-S blk/blk
    1993 20B Project FD
    http://www.facebook.com/Herblenny
    Follow me on Instagram for cool rotary pics and my projects!
    http://instagram.com/herblenny/

Founder

Blog Entries
    Wow...Great vid and thanks for all the info!

I'm planning on replacing my definitely tired suspension with custom fully adjustable coilovers from http://www.spirit-shocks.jp They're going to be pricey but hopefully worth it...I've been told I can maintain a comfortable ride and greatly improve handling at the same time with these babies...

Are you running a piggyback ems, if so which one and does it work well..?

As for brakes...Sounds like an FD conversion / upgrade is a very cost effective way to go...Mine are totally stock except for Dixcel pads...

Ps...Thanks for the heads up about the FB group but this site is my home for anything Mazda including the Cosmo!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herblenny View Post
    My friend Jesse Lau sent me and email about this Cosmo.. You know him?
    Sure do, he's buying my previous FD to hopefully resurrect it from someone who bought it and got in over their head.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    Wow...Great vid and thanks for all the info!

I'm planning on replacing my definitely tired suspension with custom fully adjustable coilovers from http://www.spirit-shocks.jp They're going to be pricey but hopefully worth it...I've been told I can maintain a comfortable ride and greatly improve handling at the same time with these babies...

Are you running a piggyback ems, if so which one and does it work well..?

As for brakes...Sounds like an FD conversion / upgrade is a very cost effective way to go...Mine are totally stock except for Dixcel pads...

Ps...Thanks for the heads up about the FB group but this site is my home for anything Mazda including the Cosmo!

I was able to find to find one of those RE-A ECU's that didn't cost an arm and my left testicle.

The Sprint shocks sound interesting, I'd like to hear how they turn out for you.

Registered Member

Well I haven't spammed this here yet

New wheels are on, 18x9 +22 265/35/18

Fitment is awesome, the paint job....not so much. Luckily the shop who painted them realized they did a crap job and didn't charge me much. So we'll just say the white is a test fit while I save to have them powdercoated. not sure if I'll stick with white or try something else.

Registered Member

Posting these here since the only person who probably hasn't seen them yet is Antoine, seeing as he's not in the Cosmo Facebook group

Had to retake some shots from a couple of picture locations from my old FD, I miss that thing! It was incredibly photogenic.

Founder

Blog Entries
    Great shots, thanks for sharing!

Love this one!!!

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

So I was never really sold on the white Advan's, and even worse, the finish on the paint job was absolute crap and REEEEEEEEEALLY bugged me.

I definitely had to do something about that:

18x9 +24 with a 3mm spacer to clear the brakes up front, 18x10 +35 in the rear, Gram Lights 57 Maximum Pro.

255/35/18 and 275/35/18 RE-11's.

Waiting on an AutoExe intake I ordered to show up, and new brakes and pads all around. Slowly whipping this big girl into even better shape. Eyeballing some Defi BF gauges on YAJ, planning to mount them behind the dash's black "hiding" plexiglass.

Registered Member

1991 Eunos Cosmo ECC 20B

Nice stance on those new wheels. What version RE-A ecu did you get. Did it work ok with no problems. Are they Hens teeth over there.
    Cheers

Registered Member

Thanks, I got the Type-B version, they're incredibly rare here too. Just so happened to find one at the right time. I've had zero issues with it so far, even with the manual conversion.

Founder

Blog Entries
    Awesome updates! Great choice of wheels...I'm a big fan of "deep dish" polished wheels on the Cosmo and yours look fantastic!

How do you like that front lip? Do you have any issues with scraping etc? Do you think those lip extensions on either side provide any functional benefits?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $40

Mazda

One of my dream cars, and yours is nice.
    Wheels look great, Cosmo looks great and an island in the Pacific sounds pretty dang great right about now too.
    You're a lucky dog!
    NPOT (Norcal Protege Options Team)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/335883...photo-gallery/

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    Awesome updates! Great choice of wheels...I'm a big fan of "deep dish" polished wheels on the Cosmo and yours look fantastic!

How do you like that front lip? Do you have any issues with scraping etc? Do you think those lip extensions on either side provide any functional benefits?
    Thanks, I've never been a big chrome fan, but when I saw these for sale I knew it was meant to be lol. I love how they're more of a darker chrome, they really pop in the light.

I really dig the front lip, but it scrapes every once in a while, but I've learned to dodge those dips and I haven't scraped it in good while. Luckily that bottom half of the two tone nearly perfectly matches the same color as my previous S2000, so I have some touch up paint laying around. I think the only functional benefits is the inlet for the oil cooler looks a bit bigger. Other than that I think it's just aesthetics.

Registered Member

Thanks! Living out here has it's days, right now I can't wait for the temperature to drop. This thing doesn't like using A/C very much.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast