CorkSport 2013+ CX-5 Rear Swaybar

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
More toys for the Cx5!
CorkSport-Cx5-Rear-Swaybar-600.jpg

We are happy to have the Cx5 rear swaybar in stock. The bar fits the 2wd and AWD models and it a straight forward bolt in design. All of the needed parts are included for the installation including color installation instructions. Check out the this link for details.

-Derrick

Welp, you guys beat JBR to the AWD rear bar and I'll be buying it at the end of the month latest (earlier if I sell my extra 20" wheels before then). I had a learning experience with installing my rear lower bar, removing those 17mm bolts and not having a jack under the arm LOL. I'm lucky the spring didn't fly off, although he bolts went flying! I never removed the (or installed) my lowering springs though so I'm unsure if I want to take them off myself. Do the rears come off without a spring compressor tool once the arm is lowered and tension released? May be another $200 install job..

Btw, how stiff are the bars compared to factory settings per notch? Thanks.

Nice, just set an inquiry about it and then I'll be placing my order.

Edited awd install instructions available

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm glad that you guys were able to post some clean install instructions; the bar was something I was very excited for. The mazda service manual instructions are waaaay overdone and extra hoopla (but then again they have to cover their own butt from bad mechanics). Definitely something I will do on my own (with a lift ofc). Hats off. I've never received bad service from C/S.

Thanks. I'm glad that you guys were able to post some clean install instructions; the bar was something I was very excited for. The mazda service manual instructions are waaaay overdone and extra hoopla (but then again they have to cover their own butt from bad mechanics). Definitely something I will do on my own (with a lift ofc). Hats off. I've never received bad service from C/S.

If you hit anything during the install we missed let us know, we value feedback.

-Derrick

Installed it today. C/S instructions are much quicker than the service manual instructions, while still being safe to follow (except I have a huge knot on my head; thanks control arm!). I almost sent it back but C/S sorted the issue out. Glad I didn't it makes a huge difference, especially on the AWD when accelerating in a turn at low gear and high rpm. It is a great addition to my brace bars from ultra racing and I would recommend the c/s sway bar to anyone trying to get some more handling out of the cx-5, as well lowering springs also offered by C/S (mine are h&r when C/S was selling them). I am not to familiar with is preload; below is a picture installed on the ground. I don't know if that is angled enough to warrant an adjustable end link or not; however even if it is the improvement is still there. The only (minor) obstacle I ran into with the instructionsl was that they called to loosen the 4 control arm bolts to the last threads but to not remove them. There was no way for me to be able to turn the box wrench that way once it was on the bracket nut(obstructions), I removed them completely and had enough room to get a torque wrench with socket in there, and none of wires attached to the suspension were being tugged. Highly recommended.

Yep i was concerned about mine diving forward into a hard turn and looking for a solution. Chris, I have 2wd, what braces do you have/recommend?

Yep i was concerned about mine diving forward into a hard turn and looking for a solution. Chris, I have 2wd, what braces do you have/recommend?
I have Corksport Sway bar which is very nice (make sure you lube it very well before you install everything though or it won't perform as intended and may make a creaking noise and you'll be taking s*** apart to relube it again), H&R spring, and then Ultra Racing chassis reinforcement (Strut bar, makes a noticeable difference on this car, front (4 point) and rear (2 point) lower arm bar. All worth it. There is a 4 point lower rear arm bar that only fits the FWD model (rear diff blocks it on AWD) ; in this picture posted notice my rear bar only connects the two most aft sides of the rear subframe. The 4 point bar connects the 2 parts of the inside rear subframe from the bottom, and bolts horizontally to the opposite of the 2 holes you see left and right of the muffler joint/differential mount. I bought those before the sway bar was out; the sway bar will net a much more tangible improvement (and more bang for your buck straight performance wise) than chassis reinforcement, but those are good for keeping your chassis straight and do help in handling. Maybe Corksport will offer that stuff, time will tell.
20140227_162125_zpsba73457f.jpg

@corksport are you guys planning a front sway bar for cx-5/mazda 3? lol I feel like I am hijacking this thread

Hmm. So the autoexe links reach the "do not use" hole? Let me know how the bracket holds, I'm will be gettin hotchkiss soon as I think mine is bending again.

More toys for the Cx5!
CorkSport-Cx5-Rear-Swaybar-600.jpg

We are happy to have the Cx5 rear swaybar in stock. The bar fits the 2wd and AWD models and it a straight forward bolt in design. All of the needed parts are included for the installation including color installation instructions. Check out the this link for details.

-Derrick

What is the diameter of this baby in millimeters? I am thinking of getting a CX-5 as a second car. thanks

Back