The "Spicy Saloon" MSP build thread

Hey Bonks , beautiful car .. question . how's the handling n the megan racing springs ? and are you using stock struts ?

Hey Bonks , beautiful car .. question . how's the handling n the megan racing springs ? and are you using stock struts ?

Thanks. For the money they were well worth it, but not worlds different. I've got them in my winter car now on Tokico blues and I still like it better than stock. You can pm me if you'd like a more detailed answer.

Man I would really love to see a DG or 03.5 lip on your car instead of the Subaru one. I think they would flow so much better.

Man I would really love to see a DG or 03.5 lip on your car instead of the Subaru one. I think they would flow so much better.

Fair enough dude. maybe Im just too picky, but I think all the lip options for the protege are less than ideal. Both those lips are alright but there's things that ruin them for me. Proportioned wrong to suit the car, and throw off the look of the front bumper too much. The subaru lip isn't much better, and now that this new one Im trying to fit is a POS, (It was bad before, but this "new" version is brutal, it doesn't even have a real middle because both ends are different lengths, so you line up the ends the middle area is off, and vise versa.) I am considering other options.

You should get an msp lip and then put the subbie lip below it. The cs and s204 lip don't fit the protege bumper right without it. Clean car nonetheless

Fair enough dude. maybe Im just too picky, but I think all the lip options for the protege are less than ideal. Both those lips are alright but there's things that ruin them for me. Proportioned wrong to suit the car, and throw off the look of the front bumper too much. The subaru lip isn't much better, and now that this new one Im trying to fit is a POS, (It was bad before, but this "new" version is brutal, it doesn't even have a real middle because both ends are different lengths, so you line up the ends the middle area is off, and vise versa.) I am considering other options.

Understandable. Or you could always go Sedan front with the OEM sedan lip... mmmmmm

Your presentation is phenomenal as is your Spicy! A very tasteful approach, aggressively subtle(if thats even possible) overall it's super clean, well done man!

Are you painting with a HVLP gun? And if so which brand, tip, and what paint system(PPG, Dupont, BASF etc)?

Thanks man. Not a hvlp just an older conventional spray gun that my father had laying around.

Back