2nd-row foldout table with dual cup holders for cloth seat?

fanbanlo

:
Mazda 5
The foldout table with dual cup holders are only available for Leather seats in Canada. Can we install this to the cloth seat?

mazda5-hidden-600x296.jpg

All things are possible. Remember these seats are about as standardized as they can be. Pull out the plastic tub and swap in the "Karikuri" tub & you should be good. I would like to do that myself, since Sports got no real nice interior goodies except the 6-disk option (that breaks)

Cool, is it really that easy? Then the next question is.. how to get a hold of one since it's not listed as an accessory. Anyone knows the part number?

I would like to find a middle jump seat for here in the USA. Probably would not work with the arm rests though.

I could have sworn the GT models all had these in Canada? (Canada we got GS or GT, and an additional leather option for the 1st gen) I guess I could be wrong but I seem to remember test driving a couple GTs that had this, and not leather.

Cool, is it really that easy? Then the next question is.. how to get a hold of one since it's not listed as an accessory. Anyone knows the part number?

When I ordered my 2012 M5 GS, I had the dealer order all of the necessary parts (described in this thread) for the conversion. The cost was around $275.00. The dealer took the entire seat apart, but could not complete the install because the actual seat base/frame is missing the steel piece for the pin/hinge to attach. The only way around this was to order a seat base/frame at a cost of almost $800.00.

I looked at it myself, but couldn't find a way to make it work.

When I ordered my 2012 M5 GS, I had the dealer order all of the necessary parts (described in this thread) for the conversion. The cost was around $275.00. The dealer took the entire seat apart, but could not complete the install because the actual seat base/frame is missing the steel piece for the pin/hinge to attach. The only way around this was to order a seat base/frame at a cost of almost $800.00.

I looked at it myself, but couldn't find a way to make it work.

oh no... that's horrible.

oh no... that's horrible.

You could always pick up seat at the wrecker and just switch the seat covers from leather to fabric (since the Canadian models only offer the foldout tray with the luxury package).

I live close to the US (where the tray is offered with a cloth seat), but haven't bothered looking for a seat with a tray....I've gotten over it and we're able to work around it. I wish is was an optional accessory though.

I live in canada ontario and i am removing the fold up table as it only gets in the way.

I know im 2 years late but if u are still looking for it you can have mine.

I would leave it in but it doesnt actually fold up i dont know why. I didnt install it, came with the used car i bought mazda5 06

I live in canada ontario and i am removing the fold up table as it only gets in the way.

I know im 2 years late but if u are still looking for it you can have mine.

I'd be interested if it is for sale. Let me check the tray under the seat for mounting options, never looked into it.

I would leave it in but it doesnt actually fold up i dont know why. I didnt install it, came with the used car i bought mazda5 06

Are you sure it doesn't fold in? You have to lift up the seat bottom and it folds in the gap under the seat, then you fold the seat back down.

Back