Mazda2 Custom Front Wind Splitter & Side Skirt Splitters

:
Mazda 2 / 2010
Hi all,

As you will know it is very difficult to find parts for the Mazda 2 Body, for this reason I decided to make the side skirt splitters and front wind splitter in fiberglass.

Here are the photos of the side skirt splitters of a european sports car, we are taking the measure to make a mold and also remove the litte wing from the end and make it smooth finish.

The front splitter we have designed from scratch seeing some pictures of race cars, Demios and Mazdaspeed 3

I leave two photos of the car without and soon I will take the same images but with splitters installed.

Regards

Helder M2

Side Skirt Splitters:

Front Wind Splitter:

NOW:

I can't wait to see what it will look like after you get them installed. I love seeing custom work done!

-Derrick

Thank you all, :)

The pieces are ready to paint in black matte and unfortunately I will have to install March 8th, because my job does not allow me before.

Tomorrow I'll take photo of the pieces.

Regards,

Helder M2

Hi all again.

Here I show how slowly the piece is taking shape

1- Raw piece

2- Quick presentation of the splitter

3- Marking the margins of the form to which we want to

4- Sanding the piece

5- Adjusting and detailing

I install all day Saturday and Sunday took the final photos magazine type :p

Looks fun! How did you lay up the fiberglass? Just do a large flat piece and then rough cut to what you had in your first pic?

Well, everything is ready pictures here in a few days I upload a video Full [HD]
I hope you enjoy it

Regards

Helder M2

Yes, I got that much. I'm just wondering whether he used cloth or mat, how thick, how many layers, what type of resin, whether it was pressed or vacuum bagged, etc.

Still didn't answer my question from earlier. How did you lay up the fiberglass?

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I recommend NOT work with a flat piece, it is very difficult to give the precise form.

In my case I use a mold of a corvette splitter and from there begin to reduce it to make it work on the mazda.

About the material used have no idea, that it was working directly for the owner of the workshop.

My job was to shape the mold with a Sharpie and install everything.

regards

Last edited:
That looks awesome. I want to build a metal splitter for my 2, but want to mount it to a modified CorkSport metal skid plate.

Back