Grey Msp Rebuild Round 3

If you start messing with the weights on the crankshaft, you inherently throw it off balance. This means that if you put a lighter crank pulley, you effectively compromise the balance. Also, the stock pulley has a harmonic balancer that dampens vibrations. This also applies to forged rods and pistons. The result would be an unsteady or rough idle, with your engine ultimately failing somewhere down the road because your unbalanced crank will ware out your bottom end bearings.

If you do anything that may throw the crank balance off, you should get your crankshaft re-balanced (~$150-250), this ensures that everything is rotating in harmony.

That makes sense. I guess I just can't tell the difference since I changed so much when I installed mine lol.

If you start messing with the weights on the crankshaft, you inherently throw it off balance. This means that if you put a lighter crank pulley, you effectively compromise the balance. Also, the stock pulley has a harmonic balancer that dampens vibrations. This also applies to forged rods and pistons. The result would be an unsteady or rough idle, with your engine ultimately failing somewhere down the road because your unbalanced crank will ware out your bottom end bearings.

If you do anything that may throw the crank balance off, you should get your crankshaft re-balanced (~$150-250), this ensures that everything is rotating in harmony.

i was definitely plan to balance everything for sure specially since i plan to coat the my pistons

Sad but the time has came to where the msp is getting parted out... I'm still keeping the car but giving it to my girlfriend...
Plans after demod
Engine
50k msp engine is staying
Get all of the part for n/a conversion all oem for smog but I do plan to weld up a custom intake, header, and exhaust after smog. Maybe port and polish the intake manifold

I wish I didn't sell this took months to do the porting also an MP3 ecu. Suspension nothing crazy leaving the white lca bushing and front Energy bushing with goldline spring and oem tokico blue shox... Something to have fun in for her.

I myself will continue the 323 gym build and now purchased a new car

Awesome car

Hey you have any parts left from your MSP? Looking for a rad, stock turbo, and SSAFC if you have one, just looking for some parts for a good deal, hmu if you have any!

The FS-DE is internally balanced, the harmonic balancer and flywheel are balanced separately and do not affect the crank or bearings. Your argument is invalid.

Back