Non-switched (always on) circuit on in-cab fuse panel for 2012/third gen?

Cordtus

:
Mazda 5
Trying to hook up a dash cam in here and I have it so it will work when the vehicle is turned on but I can't find a circuit that is live when the vehicle is turned off. It needs to be one that is inside the cab because I'm not running a 15 foot wire all across the cab and into the engine bay to power this thing. It's impossible to find almost any info on this vehicle online!! Any help is much appreciated...

Well, there is always a test light and old fashioned figuring it out.

Running your own circuit is the right way to do it, though. I don't think I've got 15' into it. Maybe 5'. And about 10 minutes of work.

Where did you run your own with from and where did you thread it to/mount the switch or whatever you hooked to it?

I got a test light the other day and confirmed there are in fact no non switched circuits in the cab unfortunately.

Hi,I have find on interior light ( just near a dash cam ).For me it work perfect.

Look at " Mazda 3 LED Interior How To Install - 2003-2009" on youtube how to open.

I have a 2012 it is a different model but that's a good idea I will check it out... Just have to be able to fit something the size of a cigarette lighter extension cord in there.

Yes, it's 12GA speaker wire, but it's more than safe for this particular application.

For poking the wire through the grommet, I used an awl, after making sure there wasn't anything in the way behind it inside the car.

Zip tied in plenty of places safe and away from the exhaust.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    821.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    719.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    877.8 KB · Views: 118
Back