Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone installed Switchback (Dual Color) LED Turning Lights?

14.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech

I'll be ordering the ones from eBay that look like VLEDs' V3 Tritons at the lens only. I'm totally not sold on the 60/120 SMDs for lack of brightness and finicky operation.

They're $45 shipped with resistors + taps, and there are at least a few vendors in the US so shipping is only a business week or less.

Will include pics when finished!

14.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech

And one more question... Why don't hyper flash canceler modules work with switchbacks?

I've searched and no one has explained this anywhere.

Wouldn't someone have at least built one that used a basic 1157 extension cable / plug / socket set with a resistor "hard wired" into it in appropriate fashion?

And how would you use crimps without altering wiring? Aren't crimps meant for that very purpose?

Mazda CX-5 Skylease Tech Pack FWD Crystal White Pearl MY2014

Anyone here who knows how to pull out the P13W DRL`s (Techpack Xenon) to change them for LED SMD 18..........?? I`ve tried but not succeed in it.........The BOOK said: Turn counterclockwise, but that is not going to happen ????
    Grtz. Marcel

CX-5 Skylease Tech Pack FWD Crystal White Pearl K34 with TSW Sochi Black 20 x 8.5 ET 40 Eibach Pro Kit Suspension US Style backlights
    "Shine" is an appearance....

CX-5 GS AWD 2014, Sky Blue Mika

Quote Originally Posted by IronMan0737 View Post
    Wouldn't someone have at least built one that used a basic 1157 extension cable / plug / socket set with a resistor "hard wired" into it in appropriate fashion?
    I've been asking myself the same thing. Many of these are obviously aimed towards tungsten fillament to LED mods, why can't we find true plug & play units that already have the proper resistance wired in. I realy don't like screwing with my wireing, especially with taps that are known to corrode and screw up your electrical system (especially here where salt is used on the roads almost 6 months a year). This is the main reason I am not getting these right now.
    "The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?"
    - Dr. Emmett Brown (Back To The Future 1985)

14.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech

VROOM: Exactly. I'd recommend buying an 1157 extension set yourself and then tapping the resistor into that, and then properly wrapping and securing the connections and assembly (rather than alter the OE wiring). I can't actually guarantee that doing all this would work, but I can't see why it wouldn't. In the meantime, the bulbs I bought work great, and I actually like the hyper flash. It's not too fast, maybe 2.5 times quicker than a regular blink. I think people can see the blinks better, especially during maneuvers because the quickness of the blinks makes it so someone physically can't turn their head toward and away from me in between signal flashes.

MARCEL: To loosen the P13W, get a 15mm open-ended wrench to loosely "grab" the black socket at the rear of the bulb and gently use its torque to loosen the bulb. Holding the wrench in the middle of the shaft or all the way at the closed end, it should take very little force to accomplish this.

Registered Member

2015 Mazda CX-5

Instead of a 50 Watt 6 ohm resistor, can you do 75 Watt or 100 Watt 6 ohm resistor to reduce the heat coming off the resistor?

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5

reviving this since it seems like the most relevant.

in an attempt to avoid installing a switchback, is there any way to simply disable the lights from being always on when the headlights are on, and have them only blink when the turn signal is activated?

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Has anyone installed Switchback (Dual Color) LED Turning Lights?

Quote Originally Posted by jlx21 View Post
    reviving this since it seems like the most relevant.

in an attempt to avoid installing a switchback, is there any way to simply disable the lights from being always on when the headlights are on, and have them only blink when the turn signal is activated?
    This one is perfect for you:

Simplest Mod for Your 2016 CX-5 Front Turn Signals with LED Lightings

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5

Thanks for the heads up. I unfortunately have non-tech though. Might have to just get switchbacks and live with the hyperflash.

Arrow Has anyone installed Switchback (Dual Color) LED Turning Lights?

Quote Originally Posted by jlx21 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I unfortunately have non-tech though. Might have to just get switchbacks and live with the hyperflash.
    Like the How-To thread said, for halogen headlights you still can modify your front 1157NA incandescent bulb but you do lose your parking lights. The best way for you right now is using switchback LEDs with resisters for your desired effect.

Registered Member

2013 CX-9 AWD, 2016.5 CX-5 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by StewieCO View Post
    I've doing a lot of research and it seems impossible to have switchback LED turning lights without having to install the load resistors. I would like to know if anyone have found a way around this; I don't want to modify any of the original wiring in my car (2014 CX-5 non-tech). I would highly appreciate any input. Thanks.
    https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...k-in-2016-CX-5

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring

Quote Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons View Post

Random question your image shows two bulbs in the turn signal spot, is that because you have the tech package, I don't have that bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by MindlessTeesCX5 View Post
    Random question your image shows two bulbs in the turn signal spot, is that because you have the tech package, I don't have that bulb.
    His CX-5 has only one bulb, the one to the left is the reflection on the chrome projection headlight housing.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    His CX-5 has only one bulb, the one to the left is the reflection on the chrome projection headlight housing.
    Oh man I feel dumb lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12