Still have it?

mspdfreak

:
2006 Mustang GT
Just curious. Anyone here buy their MSP brand new and still have it? I bought mine literally off of the showroom floor in Sept. of '03. Traded it in for a new Mustang GT in '06. The MSP only had 30,xxx miles on it. Dumbass who bought it totaled it after 2 weeks! :(.

I wish I had kept it. Damned thing handled like a bat out of hell. I miss the twisties!

I still have mine, although it's been sitting in my garage not running since Feb 2012. Bought new in Feb 2003, ran great for a few years boosting 10-12psi. Blew one motor when my waste gate actuator broke and I got a 22psi spike at partial throttle in 5th gear. Used motor lasted another year till it started throwing CELs for random misfires and I set her down till I could start building her correctly. Rebuild started a month ago - new Pope manifold and down pipe on order, new turbo and built engine coming soon.

I bought a 370Z in 09 and have used it daily since the MSP went down, but never got as attached to it as I am to my MSP. Can't wait to have "Tang" up and running stronger than ever.

Yeah, I should have just stored mine when I got the mustang instead of trading it in. I had it mostly stock. I added a CAI, hard pipes, slotted/cross-drilled rotors and a JL sub. I just found people were having trouble making real power without pretty much rebuilding the entire drivetrain.
The mustang takes to mods easily, and am running 435hp at the crank. I've upgraded the suspension, as well. It's a beast, but still doesn't handle nearly as well as the MSP!
I've looked for another one around here recently, but the ones I've found are SO modded out, I'm afraid they would crater in no time.
Sure do miss it. Hell, the stock Kenwood face still flipped when I gave it up! ;). Everyone loved the blazing yellow mica, too!

Oh well, at least I got to enjoy it for 3 years.

Gobble, gobble!

I know a buddy that is an original owner, he is actually looking to sell it right now but he has had it since new. The dealership I worked at in Austin used to have tons of MSPs, they may have sold more MSPs than any other dealer in the US.

I am the original owner. Still my daily driver with the full 3" GHL turboback and Wagner FMIC (anyone remember either of these vendors?). Short shifter, Dave B rings, curbed up ADR Sokudo 10's...Little headaches, but thankfully nothing major.

Yeah still have mine as my daily driver but we just had a baby so im going to have to think about selling it soon to put money towards an suv and take the wifes currently daily driver. Starting to wonder if I should try and sell it to an msp enthusiast or private party it. Wouldnt trade it in obviously.

I bought it off the showroom floor day 1. Titanium gray.

I actually have some body work that needs doing but im not sure if putting in the money to fix it would get me my money back.

I love this damn car and will be sad to see it go but you gotta grow up sometime.

I've owned mine since new as well. Got about 97k on it now. I don't drive it in the winter--as CT winters SUCK. I must say though, keeping away from the road salt and all, i have one of the cleanest MSP's around here.

But, i've got a kid now...i find myself driving it more leisuely than ever...lol it may be time to part with it soon

Have you kept it stock? Any major issues over the last 11 years?

LOL, no its not anywhere close to stock. Wrist pin failed on stock engine at about 40K, went forged. Sheared LSD in half shortly after putting in the built bottom end, put in a new LSD that was reinforced with a bunch of TIG welds. Tons of mods. After being built, it has been a great car though. Although, I do need a new ac compressor right now, lol. I doubt I will get rid of it anytime soon.

Roll mine off the lot with less then 7kms on odo. Had to wait a month and a half to get the 03.5 titanium grey. I don't think I'll ever sell her, though she needs some serious rust repair as its been my daily driver since day 1...salty winters n dirt roads and everything. Either major body work or a donor for everything not sheet metal.
Started off mods with a custom made tubular equal length 4-1 turbo manifold(EGR delete). Dyno test showed significant hp/tq gains and smoother power. then finished after dyno tests with a custom 3inch turbo back(true 3inch) high-flo cat and magnaflow straight through muffler.Followed by an exedy stage 2 clutch and updated/welded LSD. Then upgraded all my mounts to urethane and eventually SU solid motor mounts.Next up was upgrading my smic and hardpipes with forge bov. Then when the turbo died replaced it with a gt28rs running stock everything...boom goes the dynamite. fried piston rings grooved into cylinder wall.
Upon rebuild it received K1 forged rods, WISECO pistons(.020 overbore-stock compression), ARP Studs n fasteners, cometic gaskets, block and head sent to machine shop to be bored over, every surface was machined and port matched aswell as pnp the head removed butterfly/vtcs and flow tested, better valve springs and assembly, replaced oil pump with updated unit(no more weak oil PSI at idle), re-wired alternator and grounding/ignition, 440cc(for now) injectors walboroh preassure regulator/pump, AEM wideband controller, turbosmart dual port BOV, forge 7-9psi wastegate,UNICHIP custom maps(stock and soon to be 14psi) and more i cant remember.
Suspension BC racing coilovers, adjustable friggin everything, klunk fix bracket(only slightly lowered)
Stereo:Audison 1000watt rms-JL10W6 H/O enclosure, panasonic deck, 2farad cap 0 guage wire kit with triple glass fuse box(dynamatted entire trunk?under rear seat)

Waiting/ordering:
Speedcircuit FMIC
Deep sump oil pan
synapse bov and wastegate for more tuneablity
rust repair-chemotherapy
HID/projector

As you can see its a function over form thing. Car's been more fun then most people could understand. Yes I've spent a fortune along the way, but thats what I get. I always knew it would be getting rebuilt so I wasnt exactly surprised when it spiked to 20psi in -25c.It sure was quick through that pull, then smokey the bandit. It gave me the chance to do everything the way I wanted, and built to endure what I put it through. I broke everything that got replaced either through normal wear or catastrophic failure/abuse. Now she runs hard whenever I want no sweat involved. Great gas mileage, no oil burning, passed last emmission with flying colours and zero moving violations to date....non moving violations a different story-fixed %100legal. Daily driven on highway/city traffic and regularly goes on 2-5hour fishing trips.

Life would not be the same without her.I've pushed this car to it's streetable limits, atleast for me.It's a bit of a handful at times but thats what keeps things interesting. I can pull away low n slow n under the radar...or split your ear drums and roast some rubber.I really love it.

I bought mine a year old and still have it. I had a caliper seize on me last year and have been to lazy to fix it. Need to get it done and start driving it as my daily again. My EVO isn't very good on gas.

Still have mine however, like many, not running ATM but bought mine off showroom floor with 11 miles. Hopefully I'll have her up and running this summer. Just got an S4B8 for my daily. I have seen a couple around and always do a double take when I see an MSP.

Still have mine although havent driven it in a couple years. Had some minor issues then someone tried to steal it. Screwed up the ignition lock. Havent had time to fix it so i'll probably look to sell it off soon :/

Back