Letter received from Mazda (UK) re TomTom

:
2017 CX-5 2.2D Nav Eternal Blue Mica
Does anyone in the U.K. know anything about this?

As found on a different forum, and must refer to the UK as there is an 0800 phone number.

Mazda Motor Corporation has decided to conduct a Special Service Program on selected Mazda vehicles equipped with TomTom navigation. As a preventative measure, we would like to update the software program within the TomTom module. Our records show that you are the owner of one of the affected vehicles (Rego No).

Nature of Concern

Mazda are taking a proactive approach to address some minor operating issues with the TomTom navigation system. Even if you have not experienced any issues, Mazda would like to conduct a system upgrade to ensure it operates correctly.

Action Required

We ask that you contact your local Mazda Dealer, (see list of contacts on the back of this letter) as soon as possible to arrange an appointment to have the required remedial work completed. Your Mazda dealer will upgrade the TomTom Navigation software to the latest level. All work required will be performed free of charge to yourself.

As the required time to conduct this SSP is relatively short, your Mazda Dealer will ensure the work is done while you wait to minimise any inconvenience. However we would value your patience and understanding as dealers will need to plan their work-loads accordingly to process the affected vehicles.

If you no longer own this vehicle or have any questions relating to this work, could you please let us know by calling our toll free number 0800 800 626.

At Mazda, we are committed to safety, durability and performance of your vehicle and thank you for your co-operation in this matter. We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused by this system upgrade.

Yours Sincerely

John Van der Velden
NATIONAL SERVICE MANAGER

I didn't get a letter but when mine was in for the free oil change which cost $220 I asked if there was anyway to shut her up, every time I started up she said; "Voice control not available for the country selected" and then would say "stopping voice control" two or three times.

They ordered a new unit, took one hour to replace, added another page to clear before going asking if I want to share my info but I have noticed some improvements to Tom-tom but the maps of my town are still wrong, paper roads and wrong names.

I didn't get a letter but when mine was in for the free oil change which cost $220 I asked if there was anyway to shut her up, every time I started up she said; "Voice control not available for the country selected" and then would say "stopping voice control" two or three times.

They ordered a new unit, took one hour to replace, added another page to clear before going asking if I want to share my info but I have noticed some improvements to Tom-tom but the maps of my town are still wrong, paper roads and wrong names.

When is the last time you connected to tom tom home?

Back