Infotainment system install in an i sport?

mpezll

:
Mazda3 iS Blue Reflex
Reading the aftermarket stereo thread got me wondering if there is anyway to put in the infotainment system into a sport model? There is a space where the control button goes that I would imagine you could pop out and then hopefully you could just switch the head units and do all of the wiring?

Thinking it over I probably should have just ponied up the 3 k to get the grand touring, but now looking at other options.

I appreciate any ideas or thoughts? Think this might be an option in the future?

I called the sales rep and after a couple returned calls he said it wasn't possible, but would keep a look out if he hears anything.

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is too close to the other thread. Mods feel free to move into if so.

It would be extremely difficult if not impossible. First, you must have the wiring for the 9 speakers. Next, you would need the wiring for the car systems as the Infotainment system controls many of the car's functions. Next, you need a different antenna. Then you need the speakers, control unit and amp. You would have to remove most of the dash to get the wiring in and probably put in new door panels. Then, you'd have to also wire the center console for the Nav card and remove the front power outlet for the CD drive. In other words, forgettaboutit.

I agree, the difference between the two cars is so much that youd be hacking things up and voiding your new warranty.

Not worth it OP.

Back