Mazdaspeed3 seats in a Mazda5?

VenomDesign

:
Mazda 5 GT Pearl White '07
I just bought a pair of Mazdaspeed 3 2nd gen seats to put into my 2007 Mazda 5 GT... anyone ever done this ? is it plug and play ? i need advice quick please :D Thanks

It's on my to do list! I was thinking the gen 1s would more likely be plug and play. I'm eager to see if the gen 2 fits as i like it more.

Seats with airbags should be removed/installed with the negative battery terminal removed. I'd even wait an hour before starting to let any capacitors discharge. If you need any pages from the shop manual lmk!

Are u gonna wrap the other 4 rears to match the MS3 seats?

(cricket) ALRIGHT I'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH. BUMPIN FOR UPDATE! (poke)

Add me to the list of folks interested in updates. If the airbags are plug and play I would do this, I can work around the bases being different...

I will be putting gen 1 speed3 seats in my 08 this week. I will try to have a full write up with detailed pix by this weekend. Keep an eye out.

That should be a straight bolt on. I'll def keep an eye out for your thread.

With brain frost slowly melting away, I recently realized that i own a gen2 speed 3. I can just try it instead waiting for an update! lol Maybe sometime during the warmer months i'll try it out.

The two most salient points are: Do the airbags plug in directly? Does the MS3 and the 5 share enough of a floorpan that the seats will just bolt in with no changes to the bases? If these two things are so then the value of secondhand MS3 seats on Ebay is going to skyrocket when half of us go there to get seats LOL.

I think I'll find that the floor pan is different. I'm going to confirm this before going with my plan of swapping the seat cushion/back with supporting structures onto my stock seat track assy. I think car and driver confirmed this is possible with the bosswagon project in 08. Search their website for "bosswagon update" and look at the pictures. I may have to switch terminals from the side air bag connector to the 5's connector and on the pass side the seat weight sensor will have to be dealt with. I'll find out soon enough.

Speed 3 seats are installed. I'll make a separate post with the full write up and pics in the coming days. It was more complicated in some areas and easier in others than I had
anticipated. Can be done though!

IMAG0883.jpg

Well thats just terrible! Dammit, now I have to get a set of MS3 seats. LOL Did you keep the seat height adjustability?

All seat functions remain intact except obviously the armrest. I'm not going to miss it.

Yeah, I think I can live without the armrest in favor if some actual side bolsters. Curses, I really am going to have to do this now...

Back