Anybody Try Fitting These In Their Mazda2?

i'd love some rx-8 seats!! maybe Mazda 3 seats would be closer to our specs? I suppose if they have to be modified your as well going for the 8's

Yes our seats have airbags. That's why a lot of folks are hesitant about using aftermarket seats as this would eliminate those airbags. But the RX-8 seats also have airbags. What I'm wondering is if (a) they plug in the same, and (b) the RX-8 seat airbags are shaped right for our car, or at least close enough. I would hate to go this route thinking that I'm safe when it may actually be a greater danger.

It's important to ground your self before plugging a air bag, we worked on one and the static electricity alone got it to blow. Scared the crap out of us in the shop lol

I got to look into what happens if we unplug an air bag on the 2, does the air bag light comes on and all the other airbags go offline? My main issue is the insurance claims after a crash, if they don't deploy the insurance looks into why most of the time. I checked the small writing in my insurance contract and they are dicks about it lol

So be careful before removing them. The RX-8 seat has one in there, it could work if the clearance is enough to make it deploy right, you don't want your seat to rocket side ways lol

Actually, they look pretty similar in size:

side-view-airbag-mazda2.jpg

2004-Mazda-RX-8-Side-Air-Bag.jpg

actually, RX-8 seats are fit to Mazda2. Probably all you need is just get new bracket for the seats. I've only seen some Mazda2 using RX-8 seats...

10176093_10201704687529691_6902529068734294019_n.jpg

10325134_619873224755998_2849581800860030091_n.jpg

1978720_601637036579617_1985042308_n.jpg

I traded my Recaro SR3 to Subaru Impreza WRX STI GC8 semi bucket seats now, everything works fine... All I need just remake the bracket to fit on my mazda...

After much thought since I first saw this thread, I was very interested in this idea. So I was set to find a set. Most fabric RX-8 seats were around $150 and the leather electric ones go up to $250. Since my car came with leather seats from the previous owner, I was only interested in the leather seats. As I'm still studying, $$$ is always a factor lol

About mid August, I found a chop shop trying to get rid of stock seats. And there it sat, in front of my eyes, a set of full-black leather electric RX-8 seats. No tear but only one scratch on the passenger rotary-esque headrest. The backside of the seats were plastic, but had some damage, nothing to actually put me off. Also, the driver side seat reclining button was missing. They priced it at $180 due to the damages and was guaranteed a fit on my Mazda2. I was left with a dilemma.

My biggest issue was getting rid of my factory seats. After 2 days and some of my mediocre bargaining skills, I brought the seats home with only $120 out of my pocket. The very next day, brought the seats to a metal fabricating shop to get the railings done with only a cost of $50. The seats were installed and they are brilliant. Slightly lower than factory seats but I'm slowly getting used to the inconvenience. Later that week, sold my old seats at $105. With a total spending of $65, was well worth the hassle.

Photo Sep 05, 5 37 30 PM.jpg

After much thought since I first saw this thread, I was very interested in this idea. So I was set to find a set. Most fabric RX-8 seats were around $150 and the leather electric ones go up to $250. Since my car came with leather seats from the previous owner, I was only interested in the leather seats. As I'm still studying, $$$ is always a factor lol

About mid August, I found a chop shop trying to get rid of stock seats. And there it sat, in front of my eyes, a set of full-black leather electric RX-8 seats. No tear but only one scratch on the passenger rotary-esque headrest. The backside of the seats were plastic, but had some damage, nothing to actually put me off. Also, the driver side seat reclining button was missing. They priced it at $180 due to the damages and was guaranteed a fit on my Mazda2. I was left with a dilemma.

My biggest issue was getting rid of my factory seats. After 2 days and some of my mediocre bargaining skills, I brought the seats home with only $120 out of my pocket. The very next day, brought the seats to a metal fabricating shop to get the railings done with only a cost of $50. The seats were installed and they are brilliant. Slightly lower than factory seats but I'm slowly getting used to the inconvenience. Later that week, sold my old seats at $105. With a total spending of $65, was well worth the hassle.

So out of curiosity, did the airbags plug in as well?

So out of curiosity, did the airbags plug in as well?

Unfortunately, Mazda 2s in my country never came with factory seat airbags but I was told if the car had the airbag wiring, shouldn't be a problem and just would be a plug-and-play.

Latest posts

Back