The coolant of my ms6 boil

HRVP

:
MazdaSpeed6 GT 2006
Hi, sorry friends, i have a question and i'm worring.

My ms6 2006 GT has 55K miles, when I use about 1 hour in traffic, and I turn off the engine, I hear the coolant boil.

before, when it had 40K miles, the fan worked after I turned off the engine. Long ago, don't hear the fan works after turning off the engine , neither I hear the fan works with the engine is idle, If I turn on the A / C, the fans work.

The indicator of temperature in the dash is always half when the engine is working.

I replaced the coolant a year ago, and it has 1K miles.

When I leave of my car, I feel hot air that comes of engine.

The check engine is off.

The coolant that it currently has is: Motul Enugel Optimal
motul-inugel-optimal-5l-coolant-anti-freeze-3316.jpg

Can you help me, is this normal?

I appreciate any help.

Last edited:
You may have air pockets in the engine...and if I were you I'd change the coolant back to the standard green 50/50. That's what is supposed to be in there in the first place.

I would take your radiator cap off and take your coolant overflow cap off, run the engine, and let it "burp it out". Don't to forget to turn the heat on full blast.

You may have air pockets in the engine...and if I were you I'd change the coolant back to the standard green 50/50. That's what is supposed to be in there in the first place.

I would take your radiator cap off and take your coolant overflow cap off, run the engine, and let it "burp it out". Don't to forget to turn the heat on full blast.

Thanks...

I will try it.

by the way, yesterday I connected the scan to my car, there aren't any check, and the sensor temp indicate the temp, idle is about 100-105 C, when I press the acelerator pedal , the temp low to 95 C, the fans don't work yet.

Last edited:
The problem continue...

First off, dont use anything but Mazda's FL22 coolant for our engines. I doubt this was the issue. What you should do is a complete coolant flush and thermostat replacement. It will cost total around $80 for the coolant and the thermostat. You can go to any autoparts store and order a replacement for between $20- $30. Flush the coolant, if you havent done this before there are plenty of instructional videos on youtube and it doesnt need to be speed6 specific. Flush your system, replace the thermostat (shouldnt take more than 2 hours) an instructional step by step is here "//forum.m a z d a 6 c l u b.com/speed6-engine-drivetrain/252906-thermostat-replaced-speed-6-a." (I would take off the passenger wheel and wheel lining to get to the accessory belt though. Good Luck.

Ps. remember to remove the spaces in the link, add http:// and add .html to the end.

Last edited:
First off, dont use anything but Mazda's FL22 coolant for our engines. I doubt this was the issue. What you should do is a complete coolant flush and thermostat replacement. It will cost total around $80 for the coolant and the thermostat. You can go to any autoparts store and order a replacement for between $20- $30. Flush the coolant, if you havent done this before there are plenty of instructional videos on youtube and it doesnt need to be speed6 specific. Flush your system, replace the thermostat (shouldnt take more than 2 hours) an instructional step by step is here "//forum.m a z d a 6 c l u b.com/speed6-engine-drivetrain/252906-thermostat-replaced-speed-6-a." (I would take off the passenger wheel and wheel lining to get to the accessory belt though. Good Luck.

Ps. remember to remove the spaces in the link, add http:// and add .html to the end.

Thanks for your advice, I checked both components(sensor temp and thermostat) work correctly.

I have resolved the problem.
The fans work perfectly again, and the coolant temp is normal. I have replaced COOLING FAN CONTROL MODULE . this weekend I will confirm the measure.

I will tell you how works the temp of the coolant, after this weekend because I will connect the scanner and I'll check the measure temp.

Last edited:
Back