Time to buy an SUV

I was hoping the 2.2l diesel with a 6 speed manual transmission was to be sold here in 2015 kept hearing or reading rumors but looks just like that rumors. https://www.facebook.com/Mazda6WagonForCanadaTheUsa

474876_197123833777696_1399701868_o.jpg

After the disappointing release of the 2015 cx 5. And by disappointing I mean the tech didn't upgrade. I've decided to bump this thread to get more opinions.

Thanks

After the disappointing release of the 2015 cx 5. And by disappointing I mean the tech didn't upgrade. I've decided to bump this thread to get more opinions.

Thanks

if you like the car better than anything else, switch out the headunit. i would go so far as to use it a negotiating point at purchase. get a couple written estimates on the cost to switch it, then show it to the dealer. just don't go crazy with the new headunit, it should be of comparable quality and functionality.

Last edited:
To me the Roque's CVT just didn't feel right and neither did the drive. Mazda has the drive 'feel' compared to others. The engine in the CX-5 GT is a SkyActiv 2.5L with 184 HP / 185 Torque at 3250RPM, so not only does it have more power than the Roque (170 HP / 175 Torque @ 4400RPM) but you get to that power faster in the CX-5. Capacity-wise with the 2nd row up the Rogue has 39.3cu. ft. and the CX-5 has 34cu. ft., not a big difference. Now for the looks, which is again a personal thing, however, I again think the CX-5 looks a lot better design-wise. As for the tech and interior, the location of all the controls is great and the Bose system in the GT is more than enough; I enjoy music but, don't need a booming system, never have.

Just too add; the AWD kicked in when needed and at the right time when we had some snow in the city and also a local trip to the mountains. I could immediately tell the difference even with stock Toyo A23 tires.

Last edited:
i stopped to look at the new rougue friday night - mainly to see the interior. i didn't drive it. the salesperson told me they only had one on the lot because "nissan has slowed production for some reason". to me that was a big red flag indicating there may be a big problem with the ar that they want to fix. i haven't had time to do more research on that, yet.

On the Nissan forums you see a lot of new Rogue owners who have had their whole CVT replaced. They are having major issues.

On the Nissan forums you see a lot of new Rogue owners who have had their whole CVT replaced. They are having major issues.

Nissan used to be one of the manufacturers that somewhat catered to the enthusiast by offering a manual transmission "up the line" on well-equipped vehicles. They have totally abandoned that and threw all their eggs into the CVT basket, which may bury them. I know more than a few Nissan loyalist who have moved on due to them not offering a good automatic and/or a manual.

Back