Anyone know how to change address that set up as 'home'

hyde2081

:
2014 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring
When I first get my Mazda 3 GT I did set address as home in Nav. But I just moved to other address so I tried to find somthing to change my address as home but I couldn't. Is there any way to change address as home in navigation??

from reading the manual..it saids to do the following:

Select Favorites from the Navigation menu.
Select Home to highlight.
Press and hold commander button until edit screen appears (approximately 5 seconds).
Select Edit to edit Home address; OR:
Select Delete to delete Home address.

I'm having this problem also. I initially set the home location at the dealer's, some 120 miles away. When I got home I found the GPS (cross-hairs)were pointing to a location 2 houses up from mine even though it had the right street address. I can sit in my driveway and say "save current location" as a favorite and it gets the right location and street address, but I cannot get that location into "Home". Thanks to the above post I was able to delete the previous "Home", and after much manipulation was able to get my address and location on the screen with a "set as home". When I did the new "home" was still 140 feet away from me and address was my correct address. If I get into a manual setup of "Home", it lets me put in the city, the street name, but after I enter the street number it will go no further. Very perplexing! I have had automotive GPS of various makes for 16 years, but have never seen one this frustrating or obscure. I know about street address issues, but that's not the case here. I'm trying to get the GPS "Home" coordinates to point to my home.

Larry

It is generally recommended that you NOT enter your exact address, anyway. Besides, if you're 140 ft from your house, you wouldn't be able to find your house?

Home setting

from reading the manual..it saids to do the following:

Select Favorites from the Navigation menu.
Select Home to highlight.
Press and hold commander button until edit screen appears (approximately 5 seconds).
Select Edit to edit Home address; OR:
Select Delete to delete Home address.

Well done Young-nyc, that worked a treat! Cheers

A tip that my Mazda dealer put me onto. Set your address a few doors away from home then if a dirtbag steals your car they can't find their way to your empty house. Apparently that tip came from Greater Manchester Police who've had problems with it.

Now that I think of it.....Your registration is typically in the glovebox, so .........

Back