Mazda5 Battery suggestions?

I changed my battery last fall and I found a group 24F battery at Costco that had 700CCA with the same terminal post orientation as the OEM group 35 battery. It fits and I was able to use the original clamp and cover without any issues.

I remember reading that mod. How's it working for ya? (and a link for the newbies maybe?)
It's in my BC install thread, linked in the "how to" section.
I though that was only a temporary relocation while you were enlarging the hole? Can’t you put the reservoir back its original location or do you play with your setting often or is it simply in the way of the BCs?
Every time I go for an alignment (often lately) I have to put it back on the battery lid so the tech can access the camber plate easily. It doesn't seem to affect braking performance at all, so I mostly just leave it there.
Duralast Gold in our Mazda5 and one in the MX5.
Yup. Good batteries.

Installed Costco Kirkland Group 34 battery. $85-9(core)+6%tax = that's cheap :D

1000 CA
800 CCA
105 RC
3 year replacement and I think 5 years prorated (didn't look at that).

Here's a little interesting bit I read on the "web". Typically the RC can tell how "good" (long lasting) a battery can be as it dictates cell quality or arrangement. Higher CCA is nice but can also decrease life.

FWIW, Kirkland group 35 is $80 ($5 less).
Had a no start incident and though it might be battery. Symptoms indicate electrical (starter does not turn) and the battery is 4 yrs, 8 mon old so I figure it wouldn't hurt to test out Costco's warranty program. No questions ask and after 56 months, still got 50% back.

Interestingly enough group 34 is 'now' the recommended battery; it was 35 before (front desk up looked it up). Also, they no longer carry Kirkland (Johnson Controls) and carry Interstate instead. The JCI was rated for 1000 CA, the Interstate at 900 CA... Still $85.

It wasn't the battery. tapped the starter and got it working. Yeah should have done that first but assume battery was old enough.

...the battery is 4 yrs, 8 mon old so I figure it wouldn't hurt to test out Costco's warranty program. No questions ask and after 56 months, still got 50% back.
The Interstate (4yr, 6mo old) only has 36 mo. exchange :(
The previous Kirkland (JCI) was so much better.

Put in a new 34 (b/c I was stoopid and this time it died on me while driving).

Still can't beat Costco prices.

Attachments

• Interstate_34_35_48.jpg
    Interstate_34_35_48.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 59
Left car parked for 2 day + 2 day deep freeze depleted the battery to 8.56V... Had to make a nuisance trip to Costco to swap for another 34. I miss the original JCI batteries 😭

Still on OG alternator but didn't think to check running voltage.

Back