Changed to LED Lights for Interior and Rear License

Hello 100$ GUY, I grabbed the most recent transactions and got their "handles" and a link to their stores. I've had no problems with any of them and have had few problems dating back to '01 with e-bay. As far as household lamps/bulbs I have done well in Home Depot. They have some fairly good prices now and then on the Cree brand. Here are the links to the e-bay LED sellers I've dealt with:
Seller: hdcautosports https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Seller: yitamotor https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)...

Seller: esignaturec https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Seller: wholecellerusa https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Seller: dealclick https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Guess you'll need to copy n paste. I'd have "hyper-linked" them if I knew how. Some sites have tools for doing it and if this one does I'm not aware of it. Happy browsing!

I upgraded the interior bulbs to Pinkish/Purple in our CX9 for the wife and Kid. They both love it. Been in there for about 6 months or so, no issues

anyone got a tip on how to get the license plate bulbs out. im stumped and they are the last of the bulbs i need to change out :)

Getting off is the easy part - there is a picture in the OM that shows how to do it. Just put the end of a screwdrive in the slot and gently move it toward the center of the vehicle - the lens pops off. The harder part is putting it back on - but its not too bad.

hate to bump a dead post, but I just installed LED's in all interior and a few of the exterior bulbs today and noticed something rather peculiar. They look fantastic in my black leather interior, however, I noticed that when the vehicle is off and sitting for the night it appears that all the LED bulbs I just installed in the interior are still on at a super low voltage... is that even possible? has anyone heard of this happening with LED's? i've installed them in other vehicles and this has not happened. I thought my eyes were playing tricks at first but sure enough the ones in the doors caught my eye as I pulled into the garage where it's dark, then I turned everything off and exited the vehicle and looked back inside and the door bulbs and dome lights are all on still... barely noticeable but they are on... thoughts? thanks.

Very Nice Job Done!! Congratz!

I have done the same but - spent much more as I went Philips OEM all the way. I have also done my fog lights with Philips Ultinon LED Bulbs (A new technology of LED) looks awesome and matches the DRL and Headlights. I am new to this forum and don't know how to upload photos here but will try to figure out and share my vehicle. It now has 15 Mods done to it - All OEM Accessories. Spent $3,000 in total. As I live and work in Saudi Arabia and al my OEM accessories came from Mazda Canada, Mazda USA and Mazda Australia, I had to pay a good $700 extra on Shipping and $300 on installations. Otherwise all items cost $2,000 and it changes the entire look.

Nice to be here seeing more Mazda CX-9 enthusiasts like myself :)

Very Nice Job Done!! Congratz!

I have done the same but - spent much more as I went Philips OEM all the way. I have also done my fog lights with Philips Ultinon LED Bulbs (A new technology of LED) looks awesome and matches the DRL and Headlights. I am new to this forum and don't know how to upload photos here but will try to figure out and share my vehicle. It now has 15 Mods done to it - All OEM Accessories. Spent $3,000 in total. As I live and work in Saudi Arabia and al my OEM accessories came from Mazda Canada, Mazda USA and Mazda Australia, I had to pay a good $700 extra on Shipping and $300 on installations. Otherwise all items cost $2,000 and it changes the entire look.

Nice to be here seeing more Mazda CX-9 enthusiasts like myself

Just finished changing all of the stock bulbs to LED. I got all the LED bulbs from ebay (different sellers). I think I ended up spending about $25 or so for the whole car.

The map, dome, and tailgate light use the same bulb. The courtesy door and license plate use the same bulb. The vanity uses its own bulb.

License stock and LED comparison:
license_stockampled_zpsa4e2e58a.jpg

License all LED:
license_led_zps752dbd6f.jpg

Courtesy door stock:
courtesy_stock_zpsfebc9614.jpg

Courtesy door LED:
courtesy_led_zps22abae9d.jpg

Map stock and LED comparison:
map_stockampled_zpsda682eee.jpg

Map all LED (but two different bulbs, left is whiter, right is bluer):
map_led_white_blue_zps34f6ecec.jpg

Vanity stock and LED comparison:
vanity_stockampled_zpsab4ef59a.jpg

Dome stock and LED comparison (blurry):
dome_stock_led_zps0f41772f.jpg

Dome all LED:
dome_led_zps614a0f7c.jpg

Whole car including the tail gate light. As you can see, the courtesy door and map lights are bluer if you compare it to the dome lights. I like the bluish look because it makes it look more "high tech", but it's kinda hard on the eyes when you're trying to read something. So I switched the map lights.
all_led1_zps204150e5.jpg

I switched out to the whiter map LEDs (same as the dome lights):
map_led_white_zps7243591f.jpg

The whiter dome lights match better with the vanity lights:
mapampvanity_zpsafe04727.jpg

Map and dome lights match now. But the courtesy door light is still bluer. I may look for a whiter one later.
all_led2_zpsa2946d82.jpg

hate to bump a dead post, but I just installed LED's in all interior and a few of the exterior bulbs today and noticed something rather peculiar. They look fantastic in my black leather interior, however, I noticed that when the vehicle is off and sitting for the night it appears that all the LED bulbs I just installed in the interior are still on at a super low voltage... is that even possible? has anyone heard of this happening with LED's? i've installed them in other vehicles and this has not happened. I thought my eyes were playing tricks at first but sure enough the ones in the doors caught my eye as I pulled into the garage where it's dark, then I turned everything off and exited the vehicle and looked back inside and the door bulbs and dome lights are all on still... barely noticeable but they are on... thoughts? thanks.

Hmmm, I haven't noticed that with my LED swap. I have done all the interior bulbs as well and haven't seen what you're describing. Where are the LEDs from?

I got them in a package on Amazon, here's a https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). They look and work great, and I went to start the car this morning and it started just fine so it doesn't seem to cause any major draw on the battery but I worry about long-term effects of this. Where is everyone else getting their stuff from? I'd be interested to try the bulbs from another vendor and see if there is the same issue. Thanks!

Back