Re-educate gear shifting RPM?

elviszhe

:
03 Protege5
somehow, I have noticed my cx-5 2.5L GT does always gear up at 2000 rpm.
wondering if we could set gear to swift at a lower rpm? or say to re-educate it

somehow, I have noticed my cx-5 2.5L GT does always gear up at 2000 rpm.
wondering if we could set gear to swift at a lower rpm? or say to re-educate it

With my 2013 Touring a light lift of the foot on the accelerator pedal always causes an upshift. Not sure about 5th, or 6th gear because the shift is relatively un-noticeable compared to the first four gears, at least on level ground while accelerating at a reasonable speed.

no, that's the silliest thing i've ever heard.

this engine is happiest and designed to sit rev to 3000RPM when accelerating.

This is my biggest complaint about 20014-16 CX5.

It does shift early and feels like crap.

Must have been noticed as they did introduce "sport" mode later on.

In any case, I would hope this can be programmed but not by the common folk.

if you think the mazda shifts too early, BMW's 8 speed is even worse.

just push the gas more and it will go the RPM you want, it will never upshift early unless you just arent aggressive with the throttle.

Have you tried shifting manually? I noticed that in my diesel engine, the shifting is also not aggressive unless you push the pedal deeper more than usual. And flooring the pedal gives you another level of acceleration/shifting. But manual mode is best because you have full control of the timing.

There's also this OV Tuning. Perhaps they can help you "map" your preferred style.

Have you tried shifting manually? I noticed that in my diesel engine, the shifting is also not aggressive unless you push the pedal deeper more than usual. And flooring the pedal gives you another level of acceleration/shifting. But manual mode is best because you have full control of the timing.

There's also this OV Tuning. Perhaps they can help you "map" your preferred style.

Yes, I have. Actually, I find myself doing it quite often as 'default' MPG oriented shifts are terrible.
I've looked into OV Tuning. Not sure if they can map AT shifts but the overall price of doing the tune is high and the process in involved in my opinion.

Back