XM Satellite Radio

mbf310

:
2014 Mazda3 sGT Hatchback
It turns out the 4 month free SiriusXM satellite radio subscription included in my new sGT is for XM. All our other radios are Sirius, and that would have been my preference. Does anyone know what happens at the end of the free 4 months? Can I switch to Sirius? If not, can I add an XM radio on to our family account and get the discounted multiple radio pricing, as I would a Sirius radio? I don't plan to pay for the premium service, which would make this a moot point. I also don't want to call Sirius customer care at this point, as I do not trust them not to screw up our current service and pricing. Thanks for your help.

I thought satellite radio was now just SiriusXM.. as in they combined companies awhile ago?? From other cars I had after the trial period you just stopped being able to listen to the paid channels.

Although SiriusXM is now one company, they have separate subscriptions for Sirius and XM, and according to their web site different radios support different platforms. Also, I intend to become a paid subscriber after the trial, and unless I misunderstood rvoll, poco askew, and kurohouhou, you chose to let your subscriptions lapse. So, I still would like to know if the 2014 Mazda3 sGT radio supports Sirius or only XM.

Back