2004 Mazda Verisa Aux Audio Input SOLVED

melmattnz

:
2004 Mazda Verisa
Hello All,

I'm in Auckland, NZ and I purchased a used 2004 Mazda Verisa. So far, it has been a great car. One issue is that we didn't originally have a way to plug in an auxiliary input (MP3 player, etc.) into the factory radio. I did some web searching and there is not a whole lot of information on the Verisa. I found an auxiliary cable on eBay and decided to give it a go:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I'm happy to report that it does work! You have to open the lower glove box and reach around behind the OEM radio to plug it in. It plugs in next to the 75 ohm radio antenna (on the passenger's side, back of the radio). The radio will then recognize there is something plugged in (the wiring of the plug looks like it just jumps between two contacts to turn activate the Media button) and you can press the Media button to access the aux input.

Hope this helps. I also ran across another forum post around the web with pictures that might be helpful (the cable I bought looks pretty much like the one described in the post below; you can probably DIY). I'm not sure if this would work for the Demio. Thanks.

Hmm, can't get the forum link to work (it's not on mazdas247.com). If you Google "DIY: 3.5mm stereo to Bose System", you will find it.

Although I haven't seen too many people on here with one, that may be useful for the DY-platform Demio/2 (certainly not to us Americans, but I try hard not to be ethnocentric and disregard the group of members here whom aren't American :p) . To my knowledge, all the DE-platform Demios already have the Aux port into the factory radio.

Last edited:
question?

I'm in Auckland, NZ and I purchased a used 2004 Mazda Verisa. So far, it has been a great car. One issue is that we didn't originally have a way to plug in an auxiliary input (MP3 player, etc.) into the factory radio. I did some web searching and there is not a whole lot of information on the Verisa. I found an auxiliary cable on eBay and decided to give it a go:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I'm happy to report that it does work! You have to open the lower glove box and reach around behind the OEM radio to plug it in. It plugs in next to the 75 ohm radio antenna (on the passenger's side, back of the radio). The radio will then recognize there is something plugged in (the wiring of the plug looks like it just jumps between two contacts to turn activate the Media button) and you can press the Media button to access the aux input.

Hope this helps. I also ran across another forum post around the web with pictures that might be helpful (the cable I bought looks pretty much like the one described in the post below; you can probably DIY). I'm not sure if this would work for the Demio. Thanks.

Hmm, can't get the forum link to work (it's not on mazdas247.com). If you Google "DIY: 3.5mm stereo to Bose System", you will find it.[/QUOTE]

First thank you, I have been looking all over the internet for English information about the Mazda Verisa. If you could pass along any information it would be greatly appreciated. Next does your Verisa have the navigation as well. I have a media/navigation screen on the top of the dash in the middle. I was wondering if maybe that plug went to the media screen? That's why I am asking. I will have to try and look for myself. My radio has a hdd and media so I am trying to find as much info as I can before purchasing. An auxillary input would be nice since there is only 1 English speaking radio station on the entire island and it does not always come in well.
Thank you.

hi! just bought a verisa 2004, just wondering if you got an english version of the owner's manual as i have been searching around and found nothing as of yet. by the way I'm in Christchurch.

Cheers.

Aucklander here as well. Thanks for posting this. I'll try out removing the radio from the glove box. I've previously tried to pry open the center panel with no luck. Trying to install a band expander.

Oh and has anyone had issues with the stock nav system suddenly just showing a black screen?

Thanks!

Back