OFFICIAL: Protege RARE Parts Thread...

Here's a rare part.

100% bone stock, never modified, 1 owner MSP that has under 70k on the clock.
msp4.JPG

Why don't YOU post some of the rare parts you've got on YOUR car?
Damn, how did I miss this. Well let's see, here's a few things..............JDM tails, EDM badge, Chinese oem grill, JDM cupholders, extended center console, german wiper arms, M6 rr wiper, complete blue GT Spec setup, 505zoom intake, ceramic coated OBX hdr, medieval lightened alt/wp/ps pulleys & dead pedal, UR UDP, custom trim pieces from medieval for cargo cover and radiator, Apex r1 ADP, weapon r overflow tank, OBX catch can, MSP vc with customized engine cover to fit 1.8 coils/NGK wires, Perrin fuel rail with liquid filled gauge, customized gentex 341 auto dim/map light/compass/temp/homelink rr view mirror with amber lighting, MSP lip, oem HID converted fogs, MSP embroidered floormats, dual pod gauge surround bezel, JDM footlamp kit, amber LED converted dome, WO seat covers, sportauto with Lentech valves, Tokico Illuminas, Espelir springs, glo-face gauge faces for sportauto, retrofit HID headlights, rack covers, rack deletes, racks, billet antenna from vendor on here.........I'm sure there are some I'm missing and some not on the car because something else is in play, like the RB oem muffler section because using Magnaflow on ss 2.25" mandrel bent catback exhaust. Tein sport springs NIB, MPI NA tuner/Innovate wbo2 with gauge/flying miata voltage clamp/p&p ecu harness tuning setup also laying in wait. Yeah, all kinds of s***. Some not so rare back in the day but certainly are now.

Sorry for late response,lol......................... (drinks)

323F_mtr_01.JPG

Last edited:
Damn, how did I miss this. Well let's see, here's a few things..............JDM tails, EDM badge, Chinese oem grill, JDM cupholders, extended center console, german wiper arms, M6 rr wiper, complete blue GT Spec setup, 505zoom intake, ceramic coated OBX hdr, medieval lightened alt/wp/ps pulleys & dead pedal, UR UDP, custom trim pieces from medieval for cargo cover and radiator, Apex r1 ADP, weapon r overflow tank, OBX catch can, MSP vc with customized engine cover to fit 1.8 coils/NGK wires, Perrin fuel rail with liquid filled gauge, customized gentex 341 auto dim/map light/compass/temp/homelink rr view mirror with amber lighting, MSP lip, oem HID converted fogs, MSP embroidered floormats, dual pod gauge surround bezel, JDM footlamp kit, amber LED converted dome, WO seat covers, sportauto with Lentech valves, Tokico Illuminas, Espelir springs, glo-face gauge faces for sportauto, retrofit HID headlights, rack covers, rack deletes, racks, billet antenna from vendor on here.........I'm sure there are some I'm missing and some not on the car because something else is in play, like the RB oem muffler section because using Magnaflow on ss 2.25" mandrel bent catback exhaust. Tein sport springs NIB, MPI NA tuner/Innovate wbo2 with gauge/flying miata voltage clamp/p&p ecu harness tuning setup also laying in wait. Yeah, all kinds of s***. Some not so rare back in the day but certainly are now.

Sorry for late response,lol......................... (drinks)

323F_mtr_01.JPG

That bay looks clean. How did you mount the coil packs? You have the MSP valve cover you say; most ppl use the 626 vc since it has a tab to mount them on

That bay looks clean. How did you mount the coil packs? You have the MSP valve cover you say; most ppl use the 626 vc since it has a tab to mount them on
Thanks, cleaned up a bit more by hiding the catch can behind driver strutbucket and mstr cylinder. Also made the overflow tubing black silicone to go with the forgot to mention silicone radiator hose setup. Also put IAT sensor in intake box and used undrilled section of intake tubing in it's place. The bracket for the coils bolts to the head. IIRC, the mount tab on 626 vc was for the plug wire loom bracket wasn't it? I do has a 626 vc with cam sensor hole but went with the msp cover setup. Also left out the LED underhood lighting......

323F_hoodlight_01.JPG

The bracket for the coils bolts to the head. IIRC, the mount tab on 626 vc was for the plug wire loom bracket wasn't it?

323F_hoodlight_01.JPG

Idk, I have a 1.8 coil pack, just trying to get everything else I need for the conversion. Was always told I need the 626 vc to mount the coils

Should just be 2 bolts that thread thru bracket and into head. The tongue of the bracket goes into that hole on front of head (lolz) then reroute your coil wiring out of the injector loom far enough to come around end of head and get to coils. I also siliconed the tops of the connectors for coils since living there in front of radiator shroud opening to protect connections.

Back