Corksport Lowering Springs Installed

We have been wroking on stepping up the installation instructions as much as we can.

-Derrick

Good job also putting online helps with clearer pictures and do like the checklist. Still would like to see what they look like with OEM 19" wheels.

Last edited:
Good job also putting online helps with clearer pictures and do like the checklist. Still would like to see what they look like with OEM 19" wheels.
That's what I'm saying. No one would buy those and stick 17" wheels on it lol. Well, maybe if you like slammed chevy s-10s with recessed wheels.. LOL. I would consider those (especially for 229) but I'm almost certain that a 20" wheel will rub that.

Covers can you list the Pros and Cons of these springs? Hows the improvement in handling?

I would like to find out about, which angles are off after an alignment and how much off? How it will affect tire wear? Do you include new alignment specs?
You will be offering a little less aggressive spring kit, lets say 2.5" drop?

i would only get these springs if there is an available rear camber kit and aftermarket toe adjusting kit.

i would only get these springs if there is an available rear camber kit and aftermarket toe adjusting kit.
Toe is adjustable with the factory setup front and rear. Why would you need an aftermarket kit? I can certainly understand you concern with camber, although there supposedly is a kit for the front end (which doesn't address the rear where camber goes more negative).

^^^ In my experience factory toe adjustment has it limits and the LOWER you go especially the rear, and the range on the factory decreases, in that case you cannot bring it back to spec. So in turn, you will eventually need a toe adjuster because in this setup using the corksport springs, it drops the car more than 3 inches. Also I don't know how much the factory toe can be adjusted and I just want to play it safe

^^^ In my experience factory toe adjustment has it limits and the LOWER you go especially the rear, and the range on the factory decreases, in that case you cannot bring it back to spec. So in turn, you will eventually need a toe adjuster because in this setup using the corksport springs, it drops the car more than 3 inches. Also I don't know how much the factory toe can be adjusted and I just want to play it safe

Yep I had a similar problem in the rear with a 1996 Mitsubishi and was killing my tires that only lasted 8,000 miles. I would get a set if CorkSport would address this camber/toe issue in more detail.
BTW it looks really good with 3.25 drop, now I have a good reason to get a body kit and some 20" rims. The H&R just did not look good imo, but i can understand why ppl bought them... there was nothing else on the market.

The RSR coilovers also look pretty good, how does it ride compared with other brands I've had like Tein or Eibach? Do you have spring rates or a link so I can compare?

The H&R just did not look good imo, but i can understand why ppl bought them... there was nothing else on the market.
AND their 1.5"-1.75" drop don't generate the same kind of potential alignment issues the Corksport springs do.

Sorry if this is dumb question, what exactly does a toe adjuster do (obviously it adjusts the toe) ? but it sounds like a part?...is there one available for the cx-5?

Last edited:
It's basically the same mechanism as the camber kit but it adjust toe. And right now, nobody make them for the cx5 at least in the US Market.

I installed the Corksport springs! Its too dark to take a photo. Ill Post some tomorrow. It looks great. The only thing so far is I hope the rear springs settle a little more to match the front. We will see. Ima get it aligned in about a week when they are fully settled. The rear springs were a very easy install. The only thing is the springs in the rear are so small that when the car is lifted up and the suspension has full travel, the springs don't stay in the little notch that keeps them in place. I had to have a friend hold them in place while I slowly lowered the car. Maybe they will stick with time. Don't want to have to worry about that every time I lift the car up. So far, Overall I'm extremely impressed.

Looking forward to the pics Texan. After you get it aligned any chance you could post the alignment numbers on here? I feel like everyone is waiting to see how off they are.

What he ^^ said!
PS: Is it at all possible that, should you encounter a situation where one of the rear wheels encounters full rebound (such as a large pothole) that the spring might become disengaged from the suspension?

Last edited:
What he ^^ said!
PS: Is it at all possible that, should you encounter a situation where one of the rear wheels encounters full rebound (such as a large pothole) that the spring might become disengaged from the suspension?

i just lifted the car up again to switch stock 17s for stock 19s. I looked at the springs and they were seated into the spot very well and did not come out. It hasn't been 24 hours yet and they are sticking well.

Nice pics really showing visual difference between 17's and 19's.

What color are those 19's? (I like them, is it a gloss dark graphite color maybe)

Back