Corksport Lowering Springs Installed

If your drop is even half of what the H&R Coils are, be prepared to have a (silly looking) negative et because a flush wheel will probably rape your fenders.

Translated:?

If you lowered a cx-5 even half the distance between the current h&r spring and the stock tire, if you don't have a negative offset, you would probably hit the fender on potholes or bumpy roads.

If you lowered a cx-5 even half the distance between the current h&r spring and the stock tire, if you don't have a negative offset, you would probably hit the fender on potholes or bumpy roads.

Not likely, since any suitable wheel will not have excessive negative offset.

Lowered or not, the wheel must freely move up and down within range of suspension travel.

Last edited:
Brydon is not the go to guy for getting parts from us, he is the head engineer. He worked with the OP on getting a set out before they really are available.

We will have the springs available towards the end of the week. On our shop Cx5 the rear camber was not out of spec after installing a set of the springs but we did need to get the toe adjusted on the front which is normal for any lowering springs. I will have to double check on the front camber but I believe it was not far off.

-Derrick

Will these be sold on the forum through a member or listed on CorkSports website?

Don't know where that picture came from, but it sure as hell won't be that radical a drop!

I know I like the look with the 19" wheels. Something like that is not practical you would most likely need a air bag suspension to achieve that look not to mention roll and pulling of the fenders and maybe removal of the fender liners. But still it looks cool even slammed Miata's look cool but not practical.

I know I like the look with the 19" wheels. Something like that is not practical you would most likely need a air bag suspension to achieve that look not to mention roll and pulling of the fenders and maybe removal of the fender liners. But still it looks cool even slammed Miata's look cool but not practical.

I agree...
whi.jpg
:)

Will these be sold on the forum through a member or listed on CorkSports website?

We will have them listed up on the webpage. I will post up a link when they are ready to go. I will harass our marketing guys when they get in this morning and see where they are with the listing.

-Derrick

Hmm some of you will like this . This ones r on coilover though
That just doesn't look practical based on the shape of the wheel well.If I had either of the 20" (any 20x8.5 or more) wheels I have on that setup they would be at a huge chance of hitting the bottom fender, and would most definitely scrape the inside wheel well in a sharp turn. I just don't think that looks good with those wheels and tires, it looks like an overloaded car with bad shocks. You would need to make the coils mega stiff or have wheels with a super low profile tire or a low offset (low offset would look lame) to avoid tearing that fender up.

I think, the right look it would be to match the side wheel/fender gap with the top gap.
I think, that the H&Rs are not lowering enough the car, this coil-over it's way to low, but can be adjusted and the Corksport is just right.

Last edited:
Ok so what are the disadvantages going to be of putting them on? I love the look I'm just a little concerned with messing the suspension up. Premature tire wear I can deal with though

Back