Anyone have their SCBS Inspection light come on?

socalcx-5

Happened to my wife tonight. Apparently she was idling for several minutes and the light came on. Restarted the car, light went off. Manual says to head to the dealer, but that seems like overkill (we're at 1600 total miles, so I'd like to wait until our first oil change unless it's a problem that needs to be addressed ASAP).

There is no such thing as an SCBS Inspection Light on the instrument cluster.
Ask her what exactly it was.
Was it an actual WRITTEN TEXT on the right side of the instrument cluster?

There is no such thing as an SCBS Inspection Light on the instrument cluster.
Ask her what exactly it was.
Was it an actual WRITTEN TEXT on the right side of the instrument cluster?

Yes, sorry for the confusion. Anyone have this text pop up?

Last edited:
This just happened to me sitting in a car line waiting to pick up my son. Red exclamation mark in the triangle light on the dash bird and the SCBS inspection text on dash screen

I haven't seen any end user diagnostics on this system in FSM... unfortunately probably a dealer visit and connection to Mazda-MDS system

I've had an Amber SCBS light come on twice now in 2 weeks, which is how long since I drove the car off the lot. And both times it's been snowing, and has turned off on it's own after 20 minutes or so of driving.

I've had an Amber SCBS light come on twice now in 2 weeks, which is how long since I drove the car off the lot. And both times it's been snowing, and has turned off on it's own after 20 minutes or so of driving.

Maybe it is snowing hard here and im blasting through snow on my winter set. But this isnt the first time it snowed since i had the car so that message threw me off. Ill check tomorrow to see whether it comes back. I wonder if my obd scanner can pick anything as it seems like an electrical issue between the brake and the sensor on the windshield.

The system is sensitive to any buildup of snow on the windshield in the vicinity of the camera and the emblem where the radar is. I use Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer which has great hydrophobic properties on the emblem to keep anything from building up. The detailer leaves a very slick surface. Also condensation can affect the system so run your defroster and see if that resolves it as well.

Back