A Tune?

I don't mind waiting a month or two, but there is a big difference in the NA compared to stock sac?

The difference in the NA engine was significant.
So does this mean we have your unofficial seal of approval :D?
And thanks for putting that data points together. I know that took some time, hopefully not too much.

I wonder what Rod would have to add. Excluding the long wait, "is the end product worth it"? It looks good for the 2.5 but what about the lowly 2.3?

I contacted Dynotronics about that and they said they had a tune package ready to go. I'm a bit concerned about how long sac02 and rodslinger have been dealing with them, but an NA tune might go much smoother and quicker.
While that seems nice and dandy but I think anyone how goes through with a tune will get hit with the power bug bite. You may end up with more tacked on I/H/E and would probably want to get it returned...

So does this mean we have your unofficial seal of approval :D?
And thanks for putting that data points together. I know that took some time, hopefully not too much.

I wonder what Rod would have to add. Excluding the long wait, "is the end product worth it"? It looks good for the 2.5 but what about the lowly 2.3?

While that seems nice and dandy but I think anyone how goes through with a tune will get hit with the power bug bite. You may end up with more tacked on I/H/E and would probably want to get it returned...

IMO, yes it is worth the $450.

Pretty sure Rod never got tuned by DT b/c they couldn't crack his ECU without the car on site? So he unfortunately wouldn't have input regarding the end product.

The DT business model is that the price for a tune is lifetime (well, if you stay NA - there's an upcharge to go FI), so if you add an intake, you can take logs and send them in, and DT will tweak you tune for the new parts. That's a good value, IMO.

...I wonder what Rod would have to add. Excluding the long wait, "is the end product worth it"?...

As noted above, I was never able to actually get the tune. At the time I finally cancelled the order and requested a refund I was advised that "we have a tune".... But not a refund...

Is it worth it? I guess it depends on what you want and what you are capable of. The main reason I tried to go with DT was their claim that they would be able to tune my 5 and it provided me the ability to remove the AEM F/IC. I was more interested in keeping things clean and stock under the hood versus getting 5 more HP out of it. My driveability and fuel economy on the AEM setup was excellent after I got it dialed in but that doesn't do much for an N/A tune other than forcing a slightly leaner mixture via the O2 skew.

But I think it is worth it if you aren't comfortable getting into this yourself and have the patience. A LOT of patience. Plan to keep on top of it yourself as they may or may not respond when you send a message. Still waiting on email back myself after a few days. Be aware of when and where you try to install any updates. Don't try to flash something at 10pm, leave yourself stranded and expect an update sent over in 5 minutes to fix it either.

But personally If I end up doing this again in the future I would just get the license for the program, cable and do it myself now that it is available.

As noted above, I was never able to actually get the tune. At the time I finally cancelled the order and requested a refund I was advised that "we have a tune".... But not a refund...

Is it worth it? I guess it depends on what you want and what you are capable of. The main reason I tried to go with DT was their claim that they would be able to tune my 5 and it provided me the ability to remove the AEM F/IC. I was more interested in keeping things clean and stock under the hood versus getting 5 more HP out of it. My driveability and fuel economy on the AEM setup was excellent after I got it dialed in but that doesn't do much for an N/A tune other than forcing a slightly leaner mixture via the O2 skew.

But I think it is worth it if you aren't comfortable getting into this yourself and have the patience. A LOT of patience. Plan to keep on top of it yourself as they may or may not respond when you send a message. Still waiting on email back myself after a few days. Be aware of when and where you try to install any updates. Don't try to flash something at 10pm, leave yourself stranded and expect an update sent over in 5 minutes to fix it either.

But personally If I end up doing this again in the future I would just get the license for the program, cable and do it myself now that it is available.

I read through everything that happened with you on M3F.. sucks you got suck a run around of excuses.

Back