GI: 505 Cold Air Box Round 2

I've been getting a lot of requests for these over the past couple weeks, so I think it's about time for round 2!

Please check out the original GB thread if you're not familiar with this piece: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123823991-505-Cold-Air-Box-GB

Edit - The actual GB thread is now live, and you can find it here:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123846244-505-Cold-Air-Box-Round-2-*GB*

The Gist:

- Cold air temps (tested up to ~145*F colder vs SRI under normal operating conditions)
- No hydrolock risk that is common with standard CAI setups
- Less filter cleaning vs other SRI and CAI setups

CIMG5567.jpg

The Details:

Add yourself to the list if you're interested and tell me what you need, be it a full kit for sedan, or a box only for wagon, etc. I also need to know if you are turbo or N/A, and what kind of finishing option you want.

Pricing from the original GB is going to hold up about the same, and I need upwards of 10 boxes to make the old prices work and get this party rollin'. (rockon)

The tl;dr:

Because there are so many combos here, please list the following:

A) Headlight style
B) Kit type (full kit / box only / box and pipes)
C) N/A or turbo
D) Finishing

Example:

1. 505zoom - sedan - full kit - turbo - polished
2. xxxxxxxx - wagon - box only - N/A - anodized black
3. xxxxxxxx - sedan - box + piping - N/A - powdercoated silver
4. xxxxxxxx - wagon - full kit - turbo - bare

The Group:

*. 505zoom - sedan - full kit - turbo - polished
1: Fuadmsp - Box no piping - 4in inlet for gtx30 - polished - p5 headlights - debating on filter what kind of options
2: i12drivemyMP5 - P5 w/ P5 headlights - N/A - bare piping with breather port + black anodized box (no filter) - black couplings
3: RyanJayG - Sedan - Boosted - 4" inlet - Black anodized box only
4: Perro del Sol - Sedan - box only - Turbo - Anondized Black
5: Viralphrame - Sedan - Full C.A.B. Kit - MSP/turbo - Bare/No Finish (WITH BPV and PCV nipples)
6: Circuit - P5 w/ P5 headlights - CAB top only w/o AC cut-out - Anodized Black
7: Hammo - P5 w/P5 headlights - Full Kit - Turbo - 4 inch inlet for GTX30 - Anodized Black..... praying for more people for cheaper price
8: TX Speed Demon - sedan - full kit - turbo - polished
9: rickyfinch-msp-box only- polished. Injen piping?
10:

Last edited:
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm off the list - got the one from the last batch last week and installed it over the weekend (Thanks Rich!). Don't need two.

1: i12drivemyMP5 - P5 w/ P5 headlights - N/A - with AC cutout - bare piping with breather port - black anodized box - no filter - black couplings
2: RyanJayG - Sedan - Boosted - 4" inlet - Black anodized box only
3: Perro del Sol - Sedan - box only - Turbo - Anondized Black
4: Circuit - P5 w/ P5 headlights - CAB top only w/o AC cut-out - Anodized Black
5: Hammo - P5 w/P5 headlights - Full Kit - Turbo - 4 inch inlet for GTX30 - Anodized Black..... praying for more people for cheaper price
6: rickyfinch-msp-box only- polished. Injen piping?
7: 3" box msp- jbrewer4639
8: LinuxRacr - sedan - 3 inch piping - turbo - polished only
9: 02protege5wagon - P5 headlights, anodized black just the box if its $200 shipped. If its more for the anodized black then I'll just go polished.
10: Apowell0224 - MP5 w/ p5 lights, N/A, Polished + piping, red or black couplings

Huh? Last batch last week? What am I missing? What batch am I on the list for?.......................

ok im out, i have more important things that have came up and i need to take care of, thanks. Hopefully i can get in on another GB if there is another one.

1: i12drivemyMP5 - P5 w/ P5 headlights - N/A - with AC cutout - bare piping with breather port - black anodized box - no filter - black couplings
5: Hammo - P5 w/P5 headlights - Full Kit - Turbo - 4 inch inlet for GTX30 - Anodized Black..... praying for more people for cheaper price
6: TX Speed Demon - sedan - full kit - turbo - polished
7: rickyfinch-msp-box only- polished. Injen piping?
8: 3" box msp- jbrewer4639
9: LinuxRacr - sedan - 3 inch piping - turbo - polished only
10: Apowell0224 - MP5 w/ p5 lights, N/A, Polished + piping, red or black couplings

ok im out, i have more important things that have came up and i need to take care of, thanks. Hopefully i can get in on another GB if there is another one.

Just spoke to Rich last night, there likely will not be another run. This GB, a final round of IM's and that's it.

With all of the different options, cost is too high for material and waterjet on a batch of 10. I wouldn't even break even on the old GB pricing. We will need more people to make this happen, so this is going to have to go on the back burner until the demand is up again. Sorry guys.

Yeah still keen, so let me know when this gets up and running again

Im in
6: TX Speed Demon - sedan - full kit - turbo - polished
7: rickyfinch-msp-box only- polished. Injen piping?
8: 3" box msp- jbrewer4639
9: LinuxRacr - sedan - 3 inch piping - turbo - polished only
11. gangstagangsta-MSP-Full kit-turbo- polished+black couplers

Sorry guys, as noted a page or two ago I got the last box Rich had left over from the previous run so am out of this GB. Somehow my name made it back on the list when someone else copied and pasted an old one. Updated list below.

6: rickyfinch-msp-box only- polished. Injen piping?
7: 3" box msp- jbrewer4639
8: LinuxRacr - sedan - 3 inch piping - turbo - polished only
09: Apowell0224 - MP5 w/ p5 lights, N/A, Polished + piping, red or black couplings
10. gangstagangsta-MSP-Full kit-turbo- polished+black couplers

Imuna go ahead and buy something with my air intake box money so that Murphy will try and **** me by the GB moving forward now since I spent the money I have been sitting on for this.............don't take me off the list.

Back