GI: 505 Cold Air Box Round 2

I've been getting a lot of requests for these over the past couple weeks, so I think it's about time for round 2!

Please check out the original GB thread if you're not familiar with this piece: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123823991-505-Cold-Air-Box-GB

Edit - The actual GB thread is now live, and you can find it here:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123846244-505-Cold-Air-Box-Round-2-*GB*

The Gist:

- Cold air temps (tested up to ~145*F colder vs SRI under normal operating conditions)
- No hydrolock risk that is common with standard CAI setups
- Less filter cleaning vs other SRI and CAI setups

CIMG5567.jpg

The Details:

Add yourself to the list if you're interested and tell me what you need, be it a full kit for sedan, or a box only for wagon, etc. I also need to know if you are turbo or N/A, and what kind of finishing option you want.

Pricing from the original GB is going to hold up about the same, and I need upwards of 10 boxes to make the old prices work and get this party rollin'. (rockon)

The tl;dr:

Because there are so many combos here, please list the following:

A) Headlight style
B) Kit type (full kit / box only / box and pipes)
C) N/A or turbo
D) Finishing

Example:

1. 505zoom - sedan - full kit - turbo - polished
2. xxxxxxxx - wagon - box only - N/A - anodized black
3. xxxxxxxx - sedan - box + piping - N/A - powdercoated silver
4. xxxxxxxx - wagon - full kit - turbo - bare

The Group:

*. 505zoom - sedan - full kit - turbo - polished
1: Fuadmsp - Box no piping - 4in inlet for gtx30 - polished - p5 headlights - debating on filter what kind of options
2: i12drivemyMP5 - P5 w/ P5 headlights - N/A - bare piping with breather port + black anodized box (no filter) - black couplings
3: RyanJayG - Sedan - Boosted - 4" inlet - Black anodized box only
4: Perro del Sol - Sedan - box only - Turbo - Anondized Black
5: Viralphrame - Sedan - Full C.A.B. Kit - MSP/turbo - Bare/No Finish (WITH BPV and PCV nipples)
6: Circuit - P5 w/ P5 headlights - CAB top only w/o AC cut-out - Anodized Black
7: Hammo - P5 w/P5 headlights - Full Kit - Turbo - 4 inch inlet for GTX30 - Anodized Black..... praying for more people for cheaper price
8: TX Speed Demon - sedan - full kit - turbo - polished
9: rickyfinch-msp-box only- polished. Injen piping?
10:

Last edited:
WOOT! (thumb) I just need a new top piece!!! Can I just get that in anodized black LOL.

You can add me to the list.

Perro del Sol Sedan Turbo box only- Anondized Black

1. Protegedude25 sedan full kit n/a bare
2. Fuadmsp - Box 4in inlet for gtx30

I'm am definitely in this time around............I want same setup as Circuit got from round 1 without filter.............

3. i12drivemyMP5 - wagon - N/A - bare piping with breather port + black anodized box (no filter) - black couplings

Last edited:
3. i12drivemyMP5 - wagon - N/A - bare piping + black anodized box (no filter) - black couplings
4. RyanJayG - Sedan - Boosted- 4" inlet - Black anodized box only
5. Perro del Sol Sedan Turbo box only- Anondized Black

This is the exact intake setup I want.....minus the filter, cutout for P5 headlights & yes on breather port.

505_CAI.jpg

Last edited:
Could i get it in green? What colors can i get it in?

I can do pretty much anything within reason. I will be talking to the coating/anodizing shop as we get closer to rolling on this and will get pricing for the different options hammered out then.

Sorry to thread jack but what ever happened to the intake manifold?

I am waiting for the 3D modeling to come back for the new all-in-one main flange / fuel rail mounts / runner transition. After that's done we're going to get rocking on gen 3. :)

Ok ill probably do it bare then. I can get it painted myself down the road. Definitely still interested. Would like to know how much for just the box itself?

I am waiting for the 3D modeling to come back for the new all-in-one main flange / fuel rail mounts / runner transition. After that's done we're going to get rocking on gen 3. :)

(nana) so it's safe to assume because of the new modeling it should be cheaper to produce and it might lead to a decrease in price? And it should also be stronger since there's less welds if any on these model. Nice!

Ok ill probably do it bare then. I can get it painted myself down the road. Definitely still interested. Would like to know how much for just the box itself?

Pricing from the original thread will hold up if we can get 10 boxes here.

(nana) so it's safe to assume because of the new modeling it should be cheaper to produce and it might lead to a decrease in price? And it should also be stronger since there's less welds if any on these model. Nice!

The new all-in-one flange is going to be ultra expensive, so it might even INCREASE the price. Not 100% sure on that either way yet. What it WILL do is make the fuel rail mounts a dead perfect match with the stocker, make it so there are ZERO inconsistencies from manifold to manifold, and cut down on the actual fab-time after the components are machined. It should also look incredibly cool too. :)

Back