Changing audio mode with steering wheel controls

mpshute

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 GT
I'm sure this has probably been discussed before but I can't seem to find it with a search of the forums. I have a 2013 CX-5 GT and am wondering if there is some magic way to change audio modes from the steering wheel (from FM to XM to CD, etc...). This is surprising to me that Mazda failed to provide a way to do this other than using the touch screen. Thanks all,

Matt

Only way is to use the voice command button "change mode am radio/FM radio/navigation/etc"

Why is there no mute button, but there is a mute function? Seems silly to have to yell at the stereo to mute. I hate hitting the power button since it really is powering it off and resets playback. In my last car the power button merely muted it which was much more handy.

When I hit the mute/ power knob it just mutes-- no power down, no reset. I always wonder why it even says "power" instead of "mute."

The stereo in this car was certainly not something Mazda thought was important, a mode button would fit nicely on the right bottom side of the steering wheel. I still cannot understand why anyone would sign off on this junk! I wish I would have known it was such a big issue when I test drove the car. I ACTUALLY brought my IPOD along to set it up but it was taking too long and the salesman said its because I have a lot of songs (6000) and the first time it takes a long time and I believed him.

but it was taking too long and the salesman said its because I have a lot of songs (6000) and the first time it takes a long time and I believed him.

He was being truthful! What he DIDN'T mention was that the second time it takes a long time and the third time and the fourth time... (nana)

I have discovered a bit of a trick to make it easier to deal with. Of course it STILL takes longer than it should to load but when it does I put it on shuffle (my first song is named Silence) and then use the song list to choose something at random. This seems to stop the never-ending loop of the same 'shuffled' songs playing the same order. I love my car but I am still hoping they will truly fix this problem as it clouds my love a little bit when I first start driving and have no music. I think Mazda should pay to extend the Sirius subscription until they fix this!

Back