Reversing Radar ou Parking Aid

iisnakeii

:
Mazda 5, Sportive 2008 Europe
First of all, sorry for my english I'm french, my english and google translation does not necessarily give the right words.

Summary of my problem.
The Parking sensors not working.
No beeps when crossing the reverse.

Reminder operation of reversing radar : 1 case / 4 Sensors / 1 Buzzer / 1 switch option
The Box is powered by a 12V transplanting on the reversing light
Basically, when the taillight lights up the box is powered and starts
1 beep sounded to indicate that the box running.
When an obstacle is approaching the beeps are increasingly close to be continuous at 20 cm from the obstacle .

Important Note : To check if your sensors are working properly, you can place your finger very near to each small sensor .
You will feel the ultrasound on your finger. This allows to diagnose a sensor out of service .
If sensor doesn’t work or bad connection to the sensor there is no ultra- sound .
If a sensor is out of service, the beep will continue even without any obstacle

Before anything else , I can confirm a few things that may seem obvious but where answers are difficult to find in one place.
Mazda vehicles are not equipped with outlets plants reversing radar (At least until 2012 )
Installation is done so at the dealership to approval of vehicles. ( It was the same for air conditioners there a few years back ) .
Reversing radar is an accessory and considered as such by some dealership.
Mazda uses mainly Cobra Park Master products in various references

Warning , the case management of the parking aid is normally left the vehicle in the cache side of the trunk . This is the normal installation as described in the installation instructions at Mazda ...

Examples of installation sheet Mazda
http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/mazda6rearbumersensor.pdf
http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/cx5bumpersensor.pdf

But ... after all disassembled left on my vehicle there was not a shadow of this case .
The case had been set up right in my vehicle. Grrrr

So before disassembling anything to one side of the vehicle make sure it is correct.

To get you lean on the vehicle (under the rear bumper) you should see a black cable that goes to the trunk at one end . Do not confuse with the wiring of the fog .

Estimated time about 10 minutes (25 minutes the first time)
I did not remove the panel I just remove all attach.

Step Procedure

Open the trunk
Remove the compartment toolbox
Remove the black cover around the tailgate attachment by removing the fasteners on each side

tuto_coffre.jpg

Choose the side to disassemble

There are two bolts ( sleeve 10 )
1 black screws ( Phillips )
1 quick- kind pad under the seat in the last row . The seat must be removed to access the quick coupler

tuto_coffre_2.jpg

Remove the light box ( if right)
Remove the mounting work side door ( This photo shows the left side because I found this picture on the web)

marche_plastique.jpg

You can normally remove entire side panel starting from the rear .
Not just taking white elements removed on the photo it was not necessary to remove the white cover.

image.jpeg

Once remove all attach, you should see the box parking aid .
For my part, a case on which the 0168 Cobra buzzer and power had been disconnected. ( So here necessarily could not work ) .

cobra_0168.jpg

Reconnecting all , the case bippait constantly so there was a sensor problem .
By the test finger sensor was quick to find which was a problem.
I dclipps the sensor from outside of the bumper . The sensor is part 2 (1 sensor and a waterproof backing )
The sensor and the support are connected by a white connector visible on the photo.
The thread of my sensor was cut because of the crushing plastic.
After removal and welding (very ugly) all re- work properly.
Do not forget to test before returning :)

capteur.jpg

The previous owner had preferred garage or disconnect all of the case rather than changing a single sensor.
It remains only to make the whole process in reverse to reassemble the various caches and voila more .

Miscellaneous Information:
Installation Manual Products Cobra: http://automobiles.fredericbazin.fr/cobra/notices/index.htm
Manual box 0158 or 0168 : http://automobiles.fredericbazin.fr/cobra/notices/06DE1551D-install168.pdf

Nice to buy and not very expensive to thin out the plastic tool. It was quickly dampened by me and the knowledge that I borrow. Tools Facom
Hoping I could help you , do not hesitate on this bounce message or PM for more information

Last edited:
In the mazda5, you have a seat that folds out of the left passenger seat or a basket in the right seat. Not on the US models?

USA models do not have the 7th seat. It is sold strictly as a 6 seater

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Back