2014 B-Spec Racing

I have been noticing regions tend to favor one car over another for the SCCA events.

B-Spec-entries.jpg

The top is the entries for Road Atlanta SCCA Majors for this weekend. The list below is from the SCCA Majors last weekend in Texas. It just looks a little weird with only one make popping up at events.

BTW Gratz to Joe for the two wins!

-Derrick

Thank you sir!

I'm not sure about the regional bias, but I will tell you I'm not going to try to run Road Atlanta against the Mini, ouch

I think the 2 will do ok. At road america we could gain on them through the corners and get close enough to draft up on the straights. At Autoclub on the oval I did ok as well by having a higher exit speed onto the oval to be able to get around the fits.

How are the hoosiers on the 2 anyways? I have just run BFGs only.

-Derrick

No, I'm stuck on the divisional path and Buttonwillow is my backup event.

Bummer, There will be a pair of Mazda 2s and a Kia Rio. None of the Hondas will be making it though, they have a scheduling conflict. I was hoping to see you at Thill since it has elevation changes more like Laguna. I will just have to wait 2 weeks later. If you have to head to a northern event for some reason let me know and I can make sure you have some help and/or a place to crash for the weekend.

-Derrick

Bummer, There will be a pair of Mazda 2s and a Kia Rio. None of the Hondas will be making it though, they have a scheduling conflict. I was hoping to see you at Thill since it has elevation changes more like Laguna. I will just have to wait 2 weeks later. If you have to head to a northern event for some reason let me know and I can make sure you have some help and/or a place to crash for the weekend.

-Derrick

Thanks for the offer, I might be looking at one of the Sonoma or Laguna races later this year, but I'm not sure I can get the time off yet.
I'm not sure you'll be able to learn a whole lot from me, I'm still a pretty novice driver. If you'd like to get an idea of how the car handles elevation changes, I have a video from this weekends race at WSIR.

Thanks for the offer, I might be looking at one of the Sonoma or Laguna races later this year, but I'm not sure I can get the time off yet.
I'm not sure you'll be able to learn a whole lot from me, I'm still a pretty novice driver. If you'd like to get an idea of how the car handles elevation changes, I have a video from this weekends race at WSIR.

At least you can hear your car, our Mazda 2 is silent. I think the calibration is a little off on your video and the speedo.

If you do button I believe the 2 honda fits will be there. If they are you will have a good time fighting it out with Thomas, he is a little bit slower than myself or michael but still really fierce to race against.

-Derrick

Hahaha yeah, I'm not actually running a muffler though. My girlfriend was getting a laugh out of the car this weekend, all the STL cars would go flying by VROOM VROOM VROOM and then my car which she could barely hear.

I was messing with the min max calibration and forgot to change the display back, the digital numbers are correct though, its all GPS based so it should be pretty accurate.

I was a touch faster than the black HPD Honda at the school, but couldn't hope to keep up with the red THR Honda. That was running on old dead Hooser R6's and having huge problem with inside spin, I'm not how much faster I got correcting those problems, but I'm positive I'm still not as fast as the red car.

Hahaha yeah, I'm not actually running a muffler though. My girlfriend was getting a laugh out of the car this weekend, all the STL cars would go flying by VROOM VROOM VROOM and then my car which she could barely hear.

I was messing with the min max calibration and forgot to change the display back, the digital numbers are correct though, its all GPS based so it should be pretty accurate.

I was a touch faster than the black HPD Honda at the school, but couldn't hope to keep up with the red THR Honda. That was running on old dead Hooser R6's and having huge problem with inside spin, I'm not how much faster I got correcting those problems, but I'm positive I'm still not as fast as the red car.

Thomas is in the black car if that was him driving. The red car is the same on Sage Marie won the runoffs in I believe so it is a sorted car.

-Derrick

Thomas was there but he wasn't driving. The red car is definitely a quick car, it was noticeable faster than the black car and the Yaris.

I thought we had picked a remote enough location that no one would see us testing. We talked with them about Rally a few years ago, they even considered GRC, but the cost/value ratio is way off. Rally is about as popular as soccer here. ;)

Our next build is set to be bigger and faster. ;)

ULLLOSE

Is this what you will be doing with the Yaris in its next life?

Thomas was there but he wasn't driving. The red car is definitely a quick car, it was noticeable faster than the black car and the Yaris.

The Mazda 2s setup correctly will be as fast as the Red Fit with the right driver.

-Derrick

I thought we had picked a remote enough location that no one would see us testing. We talked with them about Rally a few years ago, they even considered GRC, but the cost/value ratio is way off. Rally is about as popular as soccer here. ;)

Our next build is set to be bigger and faster. ;)

GT-1 Yaris??

Back