2014 B-Spec Racing

Derrick this is awsome, wish we could do this over here, nearest i get is doing willow springs is on GT 6 on the ps3.....

Shaun.....

Derrick this is awsome, wish we could do this over here, nearest i get is doing willow springs is on GT 6 on the ps3.....

Shaun.....

I have never raced willow springs in person yet. It is not on the schedule for this year either. MRLS is on the schedule though and I cannot wait.

-Derrick

Here is a great shot taken from the last event. I am liking the black wheels more than the silvers.

CorkSport-Mazda-2-B-Spec-Majors.jpg

Here is a great shot taken from the last event. I am liking the black wheels more than the silvers.

CorkSport-Mazda-2-B-Spec-Majors.jpg

I like the black also :)

These are the K1 25+ offset that you were using before? What are the suspension parts that you are using on you B-Spec Derrick?

This set of wheels are the TR C1 +30 (I think). I will have to check next time I am at the car to know for sure for the offsets, it is current 800 miles south of here.

I am running the B-Spec kit from Mazdaspeed, they tend to frown on using anything else at the Majors.

-Derrick

I already have your springs, rear torsion bar and I will own the dampers, front sway bar this summer. Do you think it will be good enough to be competitive on track or I should just pony up toward coil-overs and if I do...

With the adjustable dampers you can get the car to behave better for specific tracks. An example of something I could not do at Inde was one corner I could not get the car to no understeer. I even ran the rear tire pressure 10psi higher than normal to see what I could do and no affect. With the adjustable shocks you can run the stiffness up and get the car to rotate. The B-Spec suspension we have to use is non adjustable in the dampening.

-Derrick

I am running the B-Spec kit from Mazdaspeed, they tend to frown on using anything else at the Majors.

-Derrick

Is that the First kit with the blue springs, or the revised kit with the ERS units and adapters?

And in a no rules scenario, what would be your idea track setup; The CS dampers converted to accept higher rate linear springs or the B Spec fronts ? and for the rear, the CS rear dampers and linear springs ?

Last edited:
We have to run the ERS setup to be legal. There isnt much of an adapter, it is a machine factory front bearing.

-Derrick

The contrasting hood vinyls really do help with the addition of the black wheels. Nice win Derrick!

Thanks! Funny thing is I have had people at the track say they cannot read the numbers on the side....

I may get the roof of the car changed out to a silver and matte black rising sun flag like this

P3BNjapan-rising-sun-japanese-battle-flag-3x5-foot.jpg

-Derrick

Thanks! Funny thing is I have had people at the track say they cannot read the numbers on the side....

I may get the roof of the car changed out to a silver and matte black rising sun flag like this

P3BNjapan-rising-sun-japanese-battle-flag-3x5-foot.jpg

-Derrick

Derrick, thats gonna look great! LOL

Congrats on the win!

See you at high plains? I'll drag at least one other car along if you can, maybe we can get 5-6 cars??

Derrick, thats gonna look great! LOL

Congrats on the win!

See you at high plains? I'll drag at least one other car along if you can, maybe we can get 5-6 cars??

I have asked the guys that transport the car going to high plains. I should be able to let you know.

-Derrick

Thanks for posting the vid - exciting to see some B-Spec tussling, and nice driving!

I have been noticing regions tend to favor one car over another for the SCCA events.

B-Spec-entries.jpg

The top is the entries for Road Atlanta SCCA Majors for this weekend. The list below is from the SCCA Majors last weekend in Texas. It just looks a little weird with only one make popping up at events.

BTW Gratz to Joe for the two wins!

-Derrick

Back