2007 CX-7 No Acceleration when pressing petal

GoldnGT

:
CX7
So I drive over to my parents house for our normal New Years Day celebration and everything is running fine, but when I come out I start to leave as normal. I put it in reverse and let it coast backwards, then put it in drive and it starts pulling its own weight as usual. But when i press the gas the SES light comes on and its as there is no communication between the gas petal and the engine. In my Mustang I would have gotten out and made sure when I pressed the petal that it was throttle was responding under the hood, but I'm not "fluent" enough in Mazda (or anything newer than an 04 Car) to diagnose where the issue may be.

It seems to be getting gas, since it will pull itself in drive or reverse, so I don't think its fuel pump or anything like that, its only when I try to give it gas that nothing happens unless i completely floor it, then it seems to be getting a "little" gas..

Any ideas before I have it towed to Mazda tomorrow?

Mass air flow sensor, or the air intake sensor is bad, is my first guess, not knowing more or seeing more. Again it's very very very very very hard to diagnose a car / truck / van / tank / bazooka over the internet. ;)

By the way you know that you don't step on the "gas" anymore not since, what 1982 86'ish? You step on the air. Yup, fuel injected cars,... AIR. What happens is as you "open" more air into the intake, the CPU reads that amount and equals that amount or matches the amount of air with the amount of fuel needed, it's more fuel efficient that way. Air is free, so you can "dump" air into the car all you want, costs ya nothing, then the CPU reads the amount and matches it.

So, if you are not a do it yourself kind of guy, ... yeah, you're looking at a tow and a minimum, a mass air flow sensor or something related to that entire process. Cross your fingers and hope it's not something worse like the CPU went bad, or whatever.

They (dealership or repair place) will simply hook-up and read the code... that is why I'm buying these before I ever get into the same situation you are in (No offence intended)...

1. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

2. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

3. Torque Lite (OBD2 & Car) Android Application (FREE)

Then, when something really bad (like what happened to you) happens to me, and the LITE version of Torque is limited / does not show what I want to see, I just pay the 4.95 and get the full vision. Then....

WALK INTO ANY REPUTABLE REPAIR SHOP OR THE DEALER AND SAY... HEY A-HOLE, REPLACE THE O2 SENSOR AND NOTHING MORE! OR... whatever is broken...

P.S. here's a few... http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/mazda/

Good luck!

Peace! :)

Thanks for the information. It jogged my memory on a few things and I've started looking what I need to do. Turns out to be the Throttle Body after we ran the codes, talked to a buddy of mine that I forgot had an OBD2 Scanner. Doesn't look to be much harder to replace than the aftermarket work I've done on my other car, so I'll be looking into getting the ball rolling on repairs. Just wanted to get some opinions on what could be wrong.

And FWIW, I do know how fuel injection works, but thanks =) Just b/c I own a Mustang and live in Alabama doesn't make me a dumb redneck (rolleyes)

Thanks for getting me rolling in the right direction.

Mike

Glad to be of help and ha ha sorry, was not trying to belittle ya, I was just on a roll typing about the fuel injection.

Well, hope all works out well for ya, keep us posted.

Peace! :)

Guys, Need your help. I am having 2008 mazda cx7 grand touring and I am having same problem. While driving at around 30~40 MPH my car is loosing power and does not take speed. There was engine light.
I went to the dealer and they replaced O2 sensor but that didnt fix the problem.. then they replaced catalytic Converter but still didnt solve the issue.. They have no clue now.. I already spent $2K to get it fixed but this problem is not resolving. Is this similar issue you had?Will replacing throttle body help?

Back