3 chimes driving me crazy, 2013 CX-9 Touring w/Tech Package

MPTech

:
2013 Mazda CX-9 Touring
We bought our CX-9 in July and really enjoy it, but recently noticed 3 chimes / tones, and can't figure out the source or reason.
It just started (that I noticed) about 2 or 3 weeks ago and is sporadic, not every time we drive. And no warning lights on the dash.
I thought it may be related to the Tire Pressure Sensor, as the temperatures in the Midwest have been fluctuating up and down in the last couple months and in single digits a couple times. My tire pressure gauge was broken, but I added a couple pounds to each tire anyway, to attempt to eliminate this possibility.
Drove it a couple times Saturday 50* and it chimed on one of my trips.
Going to pick up a new tire gauge and check them tonite, but wanted to ask if I'm on the right track.

Thanks!

There are so many different beeps and chimes, it's mindboggling. I still don't know what the car is trying to tell me most of the time. Wish the manual was written better too.

You didn't say it's not this, but could the 3 chimes be coming from your blind spot monitoring system when you're using the turn signal? That's the only time it chimes.

Only other thing I could find in the manual with 3 beeps is due to an "abnormality" with the middle right rear sensor. Maybe it's being covered or blocked by something.

There are so many different beeps and chimes, it's mindboggling. I still don't know what the car is trying to tell me most of the time. Wish the manual was written better too.

You didn't say it's not this, but could the 3 chimes be coming from your blind spot monitoring system when you're using the turn signal? That's the only time it chimes.

Only other thing I could find in the manual with 3 beeps is due to an "abnormality" with the middle right rear sensor. Maybe it's being covered or blocked by something.

Good point--I forgot this. The BSM warning light is on the mirror, and nothing on the dash will light.

Could also be the dash light brightness adjuster.
BSM does not give "chimes". They are more like "beeps"

Not BSM: I know what that is on the mirror, that's not it.
I don't think it's the TPMS: nothing on the dash and it hasn't done it for 2 weeks and the weather has been up (to 60*) and down (below 0*).
I also don't think it's the brightness adjuster, I've turned it up and down and don't hear anything.
Not the seatbelt. (this is a ding)
Not the power liftgate.
Not the parking brake (I don't set it).

The only thing I have figured it may be is the Nav System Stop-light camera.
There are none around my house and when it chimed, I think I was in a different part of town(?)
I don't know, it hasn't done it for over 2 weeks, but I hate things that I don't know the source.
I may try Googling stop-light cameras nearby and drive past one.
drives me nuts.

If it is the NAV camera warning, you should also see an icon appear on the top corner of the map at the same time. The camera warning alarm is very unique and sounds nothing like any of the typical Mazda alarms.

If by chance you mean when you're locking up the car, we've had instances where if a second set of keys were still in the car, it would chime when you try to lock it. Also, if you're not all the way in the off position with the ignition it would chime as well.

OK, the NAV camera was my guess, so if it's not that, I'm still stumped. Haven't heard it again in about 3 weeks.

It's definitely not the keys in the ignition, as I've heard that (and recognize it) and it happened as I was driving.

OK, the NAV camera was my guess, so if it's not that, I'm still stumped. Haven't heard it again in about 3 weeks.

It's definitely not the keys in the ignition, as I've heard that (and recognize it) and it happened as I was driving.

I haven't had a new car in over 10 years before getting the 9. It amazes and annoys me how many beep, cheep, chime, bing, bong, ding, dong sounds there are...and you have to remember what each one and each combo means. Then you need to remember what the different icons in the dash mean too. Just wish there was a text display instead, or maybe an audible voice...but I guess a voice could quickly become annoying as well...LOL.

I haven't had a new car in over 10 years before getting the 9. It amazes and annoys me how many beep, cheep, chime, bing, bong, ding, dong sounds there are...and you have to remember what each one and each combo means. Then you need to remember what the different icons in the dash mean too. Just wish there was a text display instead, or maybe an audible voice...but I guess a voice could quickly become annoying as well...LOL.

One of my high school friends' dad had a late 80s Nissan 200SX, with talking alerts ("DOOR AJAR"). VERY annoying! You DO NOT want that. You will get used to the various chimes, and the dash icons. Look at the CX-9 Quick Start Guide cheat sheet (it's on the Mazda website).

Hi there. First time posting here.

We have a Mazda 3, and after a few months we started getting the same three chimes, coming from the dash. We've figured out that they come on about 100 yards before reaching an intersection with "red light cameras." I have no idea why they didn't start the moment we took the car home, or why we can't figure out how to defeat them or, more unnervingly, why the "techs" at my dealership have no idea what I'm talking about, let alone help me do something about it.

They've treated me like an idiot, saying that they'd have to "duplicate" the issue, etc. I told them that we simply have to run by all the chimes the car has: are there 8, 9 20 chimes? Well, let's figure out what they are and check the condition that brings them on - simple, right? No, the geniuses don't know how to follow logic, so I was sent back home with the issue unresolved.

Now that I know what it is (and having a red light camera nearby) I was able to record the sound cleanly - not sure whether I'll go to the same dealership, though…

HTH,
BK

Had the same thing on our '13 CX-9 and put it down to something with the sat nav unit, or speed / red light camera.

I confirmed about a month ago that it was a red light camera, when I went to a friend's house a couple times and could repeat the conditions (unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your perspective, there are no red light camera near me). Going to my friend's house, i could predict when it would chime, a block or so before the intersection.
It also appeared on the Nav system map. I think it can also be turned off in the Nav Options.

"It amazes and annoys me how many beep, cheep, chime, bing, bong, ding, dong sounds there are...and you have to remember what each one and each combo means. Then you need to remember what the different icons in the dash mean too"

Ding, dong, dang, bling, blang...lol that was pretty funny chance72...I also have a little voice that tells me a bunch of stuff, both inside and outside my car, it's my wife. Does anyone know where the master circuit breaker is on this type of device/entity? I want to be able to pull the switch when the voice gets either to loud or rambles too long...

tstex, I found that the switch for that is somehow embedded inside chocolate Martini's. The problem is the unpredictability of if-- it will increase or decrease the volume... you just never know..

Back