refurbished 2002.5-2003 cup holders

I have two open top style cup holders I refurbished here. The first one, I got from the junk yard with my 2003 console originally but it was in pretty bad shape. So I decided to get another off someone here. That wasn't to my liking either. Since I was so picky, I ended up buying a brand new one from Mazda.

they're now sitting here... I need to get rid of these... I did the hard work for you, the lucky buyer: I have since patched them and repainted these using Duplicolor Seattle Silver Metallic paint... They're a pretty good match to the 2001-2002 Protege's titanium silver dashboard panel for those of you looking into upgrading your cup holders to the better open top ones.

So for the cost of what I paid for the cup holders, plus cost in paint and filler, you can have this nice piece for $50 shipped anywhere in the US... other countries, additional postage required
The cup holder will be bagged and bubble wrapped before going into a box for shipping, so you will be assured it will arrive with no scratches!
attachment.php

What one originally was:
2003%2520console.jpg

Pics of the repainting progress:
1147059_630786076971705_1537298214_o.jpg

1268176_636732573043722_434481276_o.jpg

There are some light scratches and fading in the black plastic cup holder portion itself... not a lot I can do about it, but you can swap it with a known good piece if you find one... you can also buy the RX-8 cup holder liners like I have done, which hides them and pads your cup holders well if you're using it to hold crap other than drinks:
coasters.jpg

cup%2520holder%2520coaster.jpg

Again, it's $50 shipped to US. Paypal only. Please PM me for paypal info. Tablet not included. Batteries not included. Some assembly required. Console not included. Adult supervision required.

Attachments

• 03 cupholders.jpg
    03 cupholders.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,009
Last edited:
Nicely done. Couple off semi-off-topic questions:

1. How much are the RX-8 coasters?
2. Have always wondered this, but why is there a lip on the passenger side cup holder? To secure a smaller size beverage?

GLWS...they look to be very nice pieces.

a little under 5 bucks for the pair
the lip is for smaller drinks... the cup holder size is 74mm diameter at the bottom and are 70mm deep... the flip lid ones are only 45mm deep (same diameter), so these open top cup holders are practically twice as deep as the crappy flip lid cup holders... water bottles no longer tip over when driving with these deeper cup holders... good upgrade!

Thx for the info. Any idea how close these match up with the '03 Protege5 dash?

people with MSPs who repainted theirs say this paint color is a close match, but I can't be certain

I've always wanted a hybrid 02/03 cup holder bezel.. deep cup holders like on the open cup 02.5+ ones but with the lid from the flip style ones.

Anyway, bump for nice holders.

Back