2006 Mazda 5 Flashing SRS/Air Bag Code 19

:
06 Mazda 5
As the title says. It's giving us Code 19 indicated in the cluster by one long flash, followed by 9 shorts flashes. It started doing this probably 10K ago.

I've tried searching on Google but everyone seems to say it's something different so I don't know what to think. Any of you Mazda 5 guys have this issue come up?

Thanks

Also, sorry if this is the wrong section. The Electronics section seemed most fitting.

My 09 does this sporadically. No rhyme or reason at all. I haven't cared too much really as my '12 speed 3 with 24k started doing it as well. Mazda electrical gremlin? I'll mess with almost anything on a car..but the SRS system...to the dealer man. We're talking explosives here. At the very least pay them to diagnose but NOT REPAIR. Then post their findings and we can figure out if it's a risky, airbag in the face kinda thing

I've dealt with airbag stuff before from swapping bags to clocksprings to modules to pretensioner belts. I'm not scared of it. I just don't know what's wrong with it.

This one does it contantly. Everyime it gets driven.

Kind of a late reply but better than never...

Mine started doing the same thing for no reason at all. In the past, the SRS light would come on after going over big bumps, but it would eventually turn itself off in a day or two. This is the first time it's stayed on and flashed the code 19, which according to the manual means RESTRAINT CONTROL MODULE - MEMORY FULL. It can't be reset just by unplugging the module so it's off to the dealer next week. Hopefully they can just clear the memory and will not have to replace the module.

Will let you know how it goes.

TMM

As the title says. It's giving us Code 19 indicated in the cluster by one long flash, followed by 9 shorts flashes. It started doing this probably 10K ago.

I've tried searching on Google but everyone seems to say it's something different so I don't know what to think. Any of you Mazda 5 guys have this issue come up?

Thanks

Also, sorry if this is the wrong section. The Electronics section seemed most fitting.

Back