Driving in Sand Issue - cx-7

Dan-cx7

:
Mazda cx-7
Just wondering if anyone else has attempted driving a cx-7 on soft sand? I took mine on some soft sand and switched off the DSG (traction control) and stuck under 30 kph (otherwise it automatically switches itself back on), however after I get some momentum it seems like the DSG cuts in as my foot is flat to the floor and the car finally comes to a halt, once I am stopped I can move off again, so it is not as though the car can't move through the sand. There is also a smell of brakes and I have the gear shift in first gear. I have not tried to take out the fuse for the DSG (if there is one). Anyone have any ideas???

Please rephrase your question, what are you trying / wanting to do?

A. Drive on sand? That is it? Just drive on sand and want advice on how best to do that?

B. Disable the traction control permanently?

C. Disable the traction control as you see fit, i.e. a TRUE on/off switch?

D. Smell of brakes, you're having a brake problems going / driving through sand?

E. Why did you stay in first gear? Only while in the sand? Was first gear beneficial or hindering the progress in the sand?

F. Was the sand wet or dry?

G. How often will you be driving in sand, i.e. is all this worth it to make a on/off switch for the traction control?

Peace! :)

Thanks for your reply...

I am an experienced 4WD driver, the problem is driving on wet sand - no problem, but when navigating through deep dry sand at slow to medium speeds (with the TCS off) something technology based occurs, the engine power decreases and the brakes engage until the vehicle lacks in power and becomes stationary. However upon moving off again the vehicle can, therefore means that it is not that the vehicle can't push through the sand. This appears to be the engagement of the DCS system as what I have read is exactly how it operates - decreases engine power and engages the braking system. I have checked the fuses and there is no 'DSG' fuse, so looking for a way to disable it. I only drive in sand a few times a year, hopefully there is a trick to do this though...

Cheers

Back