Firewall access for power wire from battery to amp?

CTGS

:
Mazda, Mazda5, Touring
Planning on running power from the battery to a powered subwoofer which will be in the cargo space. Not sure if there is a better way to run the wire other than through the grommet and bundle of wires coming through the firewall on the passenger side below the glove box. I did notice that there is a small plastic cover on the inside footwell of the driver's side just above and to the left of the brake pedal. But cannot see it from the engine compartment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (rei)

Just drill thru that! I posted a while back about this on my 2010.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123833616-Amp-Power-cable-2010-Mazda-5

(cabpatch)Great! I just went out and drilled a little hole through the plastic cover, as it is dark here I used a flashlight and pushed it up against the hole. I could see from the engine compartment where the light was shining through. Tomorrow I will bend the end of a coat hanger to catch the wire as it is being fed through the inside and guide it upwards. Thanks hibern8r for the information!

my last two installs I ran the power under the car, zip tying it as close to the chassis as possible and away from the exhaust. Keeps the noise out of the signal wires without having to resort to running all the signal wires down one side of the interior - opposite the power wire.

Back