VCM IDS Cable

No. I have a $3.00 bluetooth interface off eBay, China special. blue on yellow or visa versa. Search on ebay for "OBDII or OBD2 Bluetooth." Then download a program called Torque Pro. Or PM me and I can send it to you (Android APK) to avoid having to pay for the pro paid version of the app. (i have the full version). That way you can use your smart phone or tablet to interface with your car. I have a cable like in your post that I used to use with my Volkswagens, it is a usb cable obdii. I tried to use it with my CX-9 and could not find any software that was compatible. Go with the 3.00 bluetooth unit. No batteries. It's powered by the obd plug in the car. Very cool.

Here I'm not talking vanilla OBD2. I have VAG-COM which works on any cars with its generic part. I need to run Mazda specific diagnostic. Such as transmission fluid temperature to start.

I'm not sure what you mean by vanilla obdii. I have a "VAG-COM" in my attic at home. And again, to my knowlege, there is no
software that works with the older vag com usb cable. Torque Pro via Android & bluetooth obdii device will get you everything from rpm, engine diagnostics, readouts for just about any parameter you could want, etc.

Back