Car not level?

blkaznmartin

:
2003 Protg5
My car hasn't been sitting level of late. I only noticed it when I had passengers in the back which, of course, adds a ton of extra weight. Anyway, I noticed that my back right is EXTRA low compared to the rest of the car. I assume that with that corner lower, it pulls the front right and back left down a little?

My current setup is all Tein S-Techs with fairly new Staggs in the front and (brand new yesterday) KYBs in the back. I'm thinking of putting my stock springs back in for the time being. I'm tired of scraping all the time.

The question is if it's really my springs, or something mysteriously bent somewhere? What affects ride height if it's not the springs?

I did have a front right suspension damage a few years ago which is when I redid the front. The back right got grazed a little but nothing serious. I think the lateral link on that side is a little crooked.

So I put my stock springs back in today and... still not level. Now I'm confused. I thought it had to be the springs if the struts were new. Now that both are completely different, what's left to be changed?

The struts themselves, spring seats, strut mounts, there is not much that can change the ride height aside from the spring and strut.

Problem solved: Took it to a body shop, they took my car apart, put it back together, turns out one of my tires was the wrong size. 'Twas not the car. Passed the finger test easily when I put on my new tire. Fail for me though.

Back