Any way to disable completly driving assist?

mcb

Its my first AWD car and i like it a lot. Great on road traction even in deep snow or slippery iced road. Granted i have Hakkapileta 7 that are amazing tires (even with no stud). I was playing with it in snow yesterday and managed to do some really nice sideway slides. I experienced some electronic control in some situation even if i had TCS ans BSC disabeled (canadian 2014 GS model). Anyone know a way to disable electronic driving assist. Something like the 10 sec holding TCS button on my MS3?

I think it had to do with the open differential and not ruining it. You have to really slide a lot for it to engage (on a regular road) when you have tcs off.

Electronic Stability Control (or ESC) is a crash avoidance system found on many recent vehicles. ESC will help you stay in control of your vehicle when you need to swerve or brake suddenly to avoid an obstacle.

Transport Canada has introduced the new Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 126 that requires an ESC system on all passenger cars, multi-purpose vehicles, trucks and buses with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of 4536 kg or less, and manufactured on or after September 1st, 2011.

Basically the above says its mandatory and if you disable it, my lawyer will take you to the cleaners when you run into me and your insurance will abandon you as you have altered your vehicle.

I hate it in the deep snow on my 2wd 6 speed manual. I turn it off manually via the button as I prefer to start in second gear and work the gas than to have the car do it for me. Once I get some speed, I turn it back on.

I'd love to know this too. Every time I try to have fun in the snow my car stinks of hot brakes. Leading me to believe it is working over time and killing the fun (it is!).

Sorry CX5Dude, no fault law here ;)

Anyway, you understand that i don't want to disable it permanently... it's my wife car and i'm very happy that these driving assist are there to move the family evreywhere safely even in bad weather.

I still have my MS3 for crazy thing on a track :D

Back