Passenger door rattle

ZoomZoomMD

:
Mazda CX5 Touring
Hey everyone,
I've noticed the following problem within a couple weeks of buying the 2014 CX5. I first bought the car during summer months and on very warm days, 80-90 degrees Fahrenheit, I hear a rattle from the passenger front door. It almost sounds like a metal wire vibrating within the door panel itself. It does the same during the winter time now with lower temperatures. The autumn time weather was ok for the noise, for the most part. I've mentioned this to my dealer, but either Mazda or this particular dealer have a rule where if they don't experience the issue on a test drive, they won't look into it. They say that because they don't hear it, if they take the door apart and look and don't find a problem, then they have to charge me because it is not a warranty covered repair. That policy doesn't sound right to me. My old Ford dealer never had a rule like that. If I had a problem, they'd look into it....Anyway, anyone with a similar vibration issue? I've seen the TSB posted on this site regarding a rattle from the rear passenger seat, but my rattle is closer to the front. Any thoughts on this dealer issue?

To be fair the dealer cant mend what's not broken, as its an intermittent fault its a pain to get it sorted.

My car has failed to start now 3 times, but starts if I get a jump start, its been to two different dealers who say they can't find a fault, so get no payment from Mazda!

Meanwhile I have a car that I don't trust to start, unless I carry my jump start power pack!

Have you checked all the TSB's?

This may sound stupid, but the passenger seat belt has a tag on it that scratches against the pillar in mine. It sounds terrible on rough terrain for such a small little piece of fabric. Why don't you get someone to drive for you while you sit there and see where it's coming from? It might be a very easy fix.

I've noticed that the plastic/rubber trim around the window control (which includes the mirror control on the driver side) rattles sometimes.

I've noticed when mine rattles, the sound stems from the door handle. Either it's the cheap piece of plastic that covers the inside of the door handle or the handle mechanism itself. Usually if I just push on the plastic cover it stops or I just listen to music louder (not always a first choice for my ears).

Thanks for the input guys. I did a little more investigating yesterday on my way home from work. I tried to grab the seatbelt and pull the tag to a different position and see if that eliminated the noise. Well, it didn't work, but what I did notice that when I accidentally hit the seat the noise was reproducible. So, the vibration/rattle is coming from inside of the seat. I did notice a TSB for this issue, something about unzipping the rear cover of the seat and something needing to be tied. Has anyone had this issue? Is it something I can do myself or best to take to dealer to avoid voiding a warranty?

Back