Hard starting

:
2007, Mazda CX 9, AWD Sports
Need your help pls!! I have 07 CX9 that will start normal on cold but will have difficulty starting when engine is warm, situation is when I turned off the engine after a long drive and started back up after a few minutes of rest the car will start but will suddenly stall like it ran out of gas and as I tried to started up the car will only crank like there is no fuel flowing in. I replaced the plugs, cleaned the mass air flow, cleaned throttle body and flap and checked intake for a possible leak. The car doesnt seem to be misfiring or hesitating when running and also the car starts up if I sprayed starting fluid inside the intake but there is a DTC P0174 and P0171 present. Anyone fixed same issue. Thanks in advanced!

Have you seen this youtube video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujt56nnw-2k

Our engine is from Ford. Likely the causes might be similar also.
Also, my best guess is the IAC valve (idle air control valve):
From your best friend, the google:
Weather Variations
A bad idle air control valve can cause a car to stall immediately after ignition in warm weather, but the vehicle will start properly when it is cold. When the accelerator is pressed, however, the car will stall. Likewise, if the temperature outside is warm enough, the car may start even though the idle air control valve is bad but will require the driver to immediately press the acceleration pedal to keep it from stalling.

Sounds familiar?

I second that. I'd say maybe fuel filter, but you wouldn't have problems starting after being run for awhile so likely not fuel filter or pump.

Back