iPad Mini Dash Mod

:
Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring
Anyone else think about adding a iPad mini or other 7inch tablet to there car? I've wanted to do this since I got the car, plus I've been watching Soundman's videos on youtube forever. However I do not have the money to do what he does so I figured I'd just be ok with the stock radio and bluetooth my iphone through it. Until I found this video and I realized adding an iPad mini was accomplishable. So I shopping ebay for a used 1st gen ipad mini 32 gb black if possibly and I'll let you guys know how it goes with pics and everything. Anyone do something similar or have any insight or tips? Thanks

This isn't much but I made a cardboard cut out of the size of the iPad mini to see how it would fit and fall, and it fell into place perfectly. So the plan is to cut the magnetic strip off the apple smart cover, and put it in-between the dash and the radio bezel at the top. I'm referencing this article here on how to take apart the dash to get the radio bezel out. Now attaching the magnetic strip I'm not 100% sure how I'm gonna do that yet. Might wedge it if that works or might have to get some high end glue to attach it to the bezel, but I do not want to attach it to the dash itself. Now to resume shopping for an ipad mini I might end up waiting until after xmas when people might get new one and sell there old ones.
Photo%20Dec%2018%2C%209%2035%2046%20AM.jpg

Thats cool idea. I watched some of those soundman videos, dude is hilarious. I don't think that this is a task that I could pull off.

Back