2014 Mazda 6 Aluminum Pedals, Door Sills, LED Interior Lighting

mrh044

:
Mazda 6 Grand Touring
Hi all,

I've had my Mazda 6 for three weeks now and I love it! I thought I would share the additions I put on the car:

2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Meteor Gray/Almond
Mazda 6 Door Sills
Aluminum Pedals
LED Interior
Mazda Valve Stem Caps

Natural White LED's replaced the glove box, trunk, license plate, door, and dome lights. Now, the interior lights match the exterior headlights.

Sorry for the poor image quality:

Congratulations, it looks great! Looks like the Natural Whites match the Sand interior very well!

Car looks great!

Quick question about the aluminum pedals...does the kickback switch functionality still work with those?

My assumption would be yes it does work, but I'd still let them answer it. I don't think any OEM accessory should alter anything else in the car apart from the looks.

Car looks great!

Quick question about the aluminum pedals...does the kickback switch functionality still work with those?

My assumption would be yes it does work, but I'd still let them answer it. I don't think any OEM accessory should alter anything else in the car apart from the looks.

Yup the kickback switch will still work. If I remember correctly the aluminum pedals are simply covers that are stuck on top of the original pedals.

Yup the kickback switch will still work. If I remember correctly the aluminum pedals are simply covers that are stuck on top of the original pedals.

Yes, the aluminum just covers the original gas pedal, so the car still functions the same way.

photos look good, car looks great. i love all the things you've done, small but effective. i'd like to do the interior LEDs especially. can you give me some references? also, the schrader valve nuts look like they have glass? i noticed you bought your at Santa Maria Mazda. so did I, ha! thanks

photos look good, car looks great. i love all the things you've done, small but effective. i'd like to do the interior LEDs especially. can you give me some references? also, the schrader valve nuts look like they have glass? i noticed you bought your at Santa Maria Mazda. so did I, ha! thanks

Thanks! I really like how the natural white of the LEDs matches the headlights. I followed forum member BRON's advice and parts list which can be found here:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123832733-Mazda6-Interior-LED-Lighting-Replacement

You can buy a kit that comes with instructions on how to replace the bulbs, or just do it yourself as I have to save a few dollars. If you have questions replacing the bulbs, feel free to send me a PM.

The valve stem caps came from eBay where I also bought the side sills and aluminum pedals.

And yes, I had a very good experience at the Santa Maria dealer. Small world!

Thanks! I really like how the natural white of the LEDs matches the headlights. I followed forum member BRON's advice and parts list which can be found here:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123832733-Mazda6-Interior-LED-Lighting-Replacement

You can buy a kit that comes with instructions on how to replace the bulbs, or just do it yourself as I have to save a few dollars. If you have questions replacing the bulbs, feel free to send me a PM.

The valve stem caps came from eBay where I also bought the side sills and aluminum pedals.

I have already saved BRON's shopping list and plan to do the lighting very soon. As for the door sills, I've seen them but am not clear on how they attach to the car. Can you please explain how these are installed?

I have already saved BRON's shopping list and plan to do the lighting very soon. As for the door sills, I've seen them but am not clear on how they attach to the car. Can you please explain how these are installed?
They come with double sided 3M tape. The install is a breeze. Just stick them on. However, the hard part is getting all the leftover double sided tape from the OEM plastic sills off...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Do you have the part #s for the pedals you purchased?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I just bought a Mazda6 yesterday, and I love it too! Those pedals are very sporty and fit the car well. Where did ya pick them up?

Back