Civic type R

Far out, thanks man, i might have to lean away from the tri bar now:( that is pretty s***. The RB bar costs the most here simple due to postage that costs as much as the bar. I think the cork sport will be my mod since i do not want to have my muffler looking like that.

Well thought i would post up my first mod to the car.

k1b3.jpg

Genuine turtle plush toy!!!

That is all..

And some Mazdaspeed MS01-S Monoblock Rays
90m1.jpg

lk5b.jpg

h8x2.jpg

v8v7.jpg

All it cost me was a hug and a handjob, my wrist is sooooo sore though

Next mods will be AWR engine mount and Cork sport torsion bar, then save for some Khumo Ku36 semis

Well thought i would post up my first mod to the car.

And some Mazdaspeed MS01-S Monoblock Rays
90m1.jpg

lk5b.jpg

h8x2.jpg

v8v7.jpg

All it cost me was a hug and a handjob, my wrist is sooooo sore though

Next mods will be AWR engine mount and Cork sport torsion bar, then save for some Khumo Ku36 semis

where'd you get that wheels? I was looking for these ms01-s for long ago. But I didn't get nothing, so I ended up with Work Wheels CR-Kai Ultimate :(
nice wheels, mate.

-Dio

Sorry...... was a lie there is no Civic Type R here
...i wanted power and then i made a stupid decision of buying a absolute s*** condition Toyota GT4 or alltrac as in USA....

I've never had the ...joy....of working on one of those, but I have a few friends with MR2s. The typical saying when doing something in that cramped, complicated engine bay is "this sucks but at least it's not an alltrack/gt4". A true gearhead has to have at least one project like that in their lifetime.

Welcome!

A good friend of mine had them and i did not have any idea about them until he said he was selling his wheels. They look really good on the car but i need to figure out what tyre i should get because they are 16 inch.

The alltrac was a pain to work on no matter what was required. Oil changes were a pain and required removal of part of the alternator and all the under body trays. Will never forget the pain i went through with it lol

I have 16x7 wheels on my 2, with an offset of +37 and I run a 205/45/16 tire. I have never had a single rubbing issue of any kind while lowered on H&Rs and now on Eibach springs. Essentially that combination is within 1/8" of an inch of the overall diameter of the 15" mazda stock wheel and tire combination so there is hardly any difference at all.

I love those wheels you got, I can't wait to see them on, and I really hope your wrist starts feeling better soon (lol2)

Last edited:
Those wheels look amazing. I have a soft spot for Manufacturer-specific Rays. A buddy locally works for subaru and has a few sets of the Rays from the JDM STI catalog. Sploosh.

Sooooooo i have quite a few updates to post up but have been lazy to do so. Got some corksport stuff and some eibach stuff and some Bridgestone stuffs and some gorilla stuffs.

But before i post up a quick question about the eibach pro kit. there is a rubber cover that is on the spring that i have no idea what it is? When i install it should it be facing up on downwards, I was thinking the numbers on the springs should be facing upwards which will make the rubber cover be facing upwards towards the car
Can anyone help?

Are you talkin about the rubber hose looking stuff? They are to stop the dead coils from poping and spronging (technical term). I believe they are up in the front and down in the rear....
But what do I know?

I spoke to MR Eibach Australia, real name Brucey and he said to install them with the part numbers facing up.

I tried to upload a picture but it seems i need to get a premium imageshack account now and i do not want to pay for that crap. SO i guess no more pictures in this thread ever. Everyone loves a thread with captions. I will try to write about my feelings instead of pictures. The springs b da gangster!!! Much good quality. Smiley face

Yep i was talking about the rubber hose looking stuff. It just looks weird as it is not even over the 4 springs. What exactly is this poping and spronging technical term?

Hey can anyone tell me where to get a mazda 2 workshop manual? Or better yet the torque specs for the strut top bolts and also the nut to hold the top hat and the two bolts holding the shock to the hub?

CS lists the following:

40 ft.lbs for strut top nut.
23-28 ft.lbs for the 3 shock tower bolts/nuts.
48-54 ft.lbs for the 2 hub bolts.
32-44 ft.lbs for the swaybar endlink.

Try photobucket. All free! So, is he saying that the rubber portion should be at the top of the spring when installed, or the bottom?

I spoke to MR Eibach Australia, real name Brucey and he said to install them with the part numbers facing up.

I tried to upload a picture but it seems i need to get a premium imageshack account now and i do not want to pay for that crap. SO i guess no more pictures in this thread ever. Everyone loves a thread with captions. I will try to write about my feelings instead of pictures. The springs b da gangster!!! Much good quality. Smiley face

Yep i was talking about the rubber hose looking stuff. It just looks weird as it is not even over the 4 springs. What exactly is this poping and spronging technical term?

From what Mr Eibach said with the numbers facing the normal way, the rubber bits should be facing towards the car and not the ground. Was going to get a shop to put these in but a friend called me lazy so now i am buying spring compressors.

Thank you so much for the torque specs. Forgot to ask how about the lower rear shock bolt?

On some more good news with no pics, my corksport wing may finally be fitted of next week. If i could post pics, you would see how awesome a GT wing looks on a 2 and all the ladies will come a running when they see that they can use it also as a very high table. Great success

Do you have any auto parts stores that will loan tools? That's how I was planning on getting spring compressors when the time came.

I do not know of any place that will loan tools here. Never knew anyone did that. But spring compressors tend to have a short life span and break from what i have read up on, when you buy a cheap one. I bought a brand called Ampco, which seems to be a good quality one

Do you have any auto parts stores that will loan tools? That's how I was planning on getting spring compressors when the time came.

If you have a NAPA, autozone, advanced autoparts, Discount advanced autoparts, O'Reilly's might...pretty much any main stream autoparts store does. I would just check at any auto store you have, most do.

Hey everyone, i ended up buying some compressors for 25 and doing it myself.

Got a question

The abs line is attached to the shock via a small plastic clip, i had to cut them off the strut via the clip, not the line, and was wondering what people did to fix it? I attached it again with some zip ties but wanted to know if i could get those clips again?

I will post pics i promise, car is lows and has the corksport wing painted and mounted

Back