Free (or real cheap) custom tune for someone in the San Antonio, TX area...

So I need a little help and maybe someone can benefit from it. You need to be in or around the San Antonio, TX area.

I'm STILL trying to get my van tuned from Dynotronics and things are moving REAL slow. The last statement I got from them is that they need a 5 that is local to them so they can hookup to it and find out what encryption or coding is different from the 3. This will likely net you a free or cheap as balls custom tune for your 5.

Last edited:
Awwwwwwwww damn. We're headed to Houston this weekend, and not in the 5. Maybe I could make a trip down there to SA one of these weekends? PM me! I thought Dynotronics was in Dallas?

OK so my email is working now....

Joe at Dynotronics thinks he'll need probably two days to crack the read/write protocol on the 5 ecu. Christmas holidays are coming up and this would be a great time for someone to dump off their 5 while on vacation for a day or two....

OK so my email is working now....

Joe at Dynotronics thinks he'll need probably two days to crack the read/write protocol on the 5 ecu. Christmas holidays are coming up and this would be a great time for someone to dump off their 5 while on vacation for a day or two....

Sorry, was away from forum-capable computers for a while. I guess I'll have to see what's available time-wise... we weren't planning to travel, but I'd make the trip for that.

I'm in San Antonio and am interested. PM sent.

Dammit! Don't want to try to beat you to the punch on this, but I wish I could beat you to it. :D

Confirmation... I need a 1st gen. 2nd gen models (2012 and later) with the 2.5 have already been figured out and are available for retail tuning from him now. Sorry sac02 but he doesn't need your model for testing.

Phunky that puts you up next. Joe did confirm that this will include a tune and a dyno at no charge. If you can make the time them PM me and I'll pass his cell number so you two can coordinate.

There is supposed to be a plan in action but nothing has happened yet. I'm getting ready to drive out there myself as I've been trying to get this tune since December of 2012 and I'm losing patience with Dynotronics. I had even made arrangements with a car dealer there in the San Antonio area to lend me their Mazda5 for a few days but DT declined the offer. Granted they only wanted to release the car over the weekend as they wanted to keep it on the lot during sales hours so I can sympathize with that. But I've provided solutions that they haven't bit on yet.

I'm starting to think the money I sent DT should be written off on my taxes as a gambling loss.

Did anyone follow through with this yet? I am hoping for some progress.

There is supposed to be a plan in action but nothing has happened yet. I'm getting ready to drive out there myself as I've been trying to get this tune since December of 2012 and I'm losing patience with Dynotronics. I had even made arrangements with a car dealer there in the San Antonio area to lend me their Mazda5 for a few days but DT declined the offer. Granted they only wanted to release the car over the weekend as they wanted to keep it on the lot during sales hours so I can sympathize with that. But I've provided solutions that they haven't bit on yet.

I'm starting to think the money I sent DT should be written off on my taxes as a gambling loss.

I've been trying to arrange a good time to get the car down there, but it's still significant cost for me too- 4-6 tanks of gas with my truck and a trailer both ways. Just transport will run me about $300, and that's if I can fab up a draw bar attachment for free so I can use my tow bar. Gotta deal with not having the car around for a week too, and the next few weekends are booked in terms of family stuff going on, so I can't burn the weekends driving both family vehicles across the state...

So yeah, still working things out. I've been in communication with Dynotronics through the Christmas break, so things are moving... slowly.

I've been trying to arrange a good time to get the car down there, but it's still significant cost for me too-....

I'm not blaming you and I appreciate the effort. What I was mentioning above was before I put this offer up on the board. It really has been since December 2012. I may have an idea for you though. Forget trying to tow the car down. Just drive it down and take the MegaBus back to DFW. Should only be about a $25 ticket. WAY cheaper and less hassle than gas towing a car back and forth.

Joe or someone at his shop should be able to drop you at the MegaBus terminal. I've done that in dealing with similar issues. Worked out pretty well.

Back