CR3 Catch Can System with Powder Coated and Polished Valve Cover

SOLD!

After how much work I put into this, it is really hard to sell, but it makes no sense to keep it on a car that I am selling.

The valve cover was modified to improve airflow from the breather port to the crank case in order to reduce any positive pressure created by blow by under heavy periods of boost. AN fittings have also been added for perfect seals under any pressure. They are rated for something absurd, I believe 600psi.

The kit came with the two catch cans pictured, but I added all the fittings and hoses which are shockingly expensive. I also made the bracket myself to mount the two cans in place of the stock airbox support. If you have a an aftermarket intake then you can just reuse the exact same position.

The breather can originally came with the candy red head, but it draws in unmetered air which eventually caused a CEL on my car. I switched to a head with a port to run to the corresponding port on my intake similar to the stock configuration, and it's been fine ever since.

I've had this setup on my car for exactly 20 months. My only gripe is that it collects a fair amount of oil on the PCV side, and I've needed to empty the can back into the valve cover every couple thousand miles. This is supposedly not typical and I have a few theories why that is. One is a faulty PCV valve which allows too much airflow at idle. I have a replacement that is pictured, but I never got around to swapping it out. The other theory is that a good seal was not made on the baffle plates on the valve cover.

You will need to reuse the baffle plates on your current valve cover. It's not terribly difficult, you just need a good screwdriver, and a fresh tube of super black RTV. Be generous with the RTV.

I don't even want to total up what I spent on this, but hopefully, someone else can appreciate it.

I am asking $150 including shipping to the lower 48.

zd48RO8.jpg

Here are some pics of the bracket

nIpC0.jpg

HPsPg.jpg

And in the car
bA9T0.jpg

l9KOZ.jpg

Last edited:
It was sold to me as a CR3 product from a licensed CR3 merchant. That was the relationship at the time of purchase, and CR3 has been providing the support, so I will keep it labeled as such.

It was sold to me as a CR3 product from a licensed CR3 merchant. That was the relationship at the time of purchase, and CR3 has been providing the support, so I will keep it labeled as such.

Still NOT a CR3 product as he was only the middle man, the company that designed and built those pieces no longer makes them. I know as I'm also a CR3 rep on here and have one of the true CR3 systems installed and only 3 of those were ever developed/built. But GLWS the VC and hoses/fittings are worth the price alone.

Back