Front end vibration

MikeyP1990

:
2003 Mazda Protege LX
ok so i have a 03 protege that has a decent vibration between 30-80 mph. it's been lowered with eibach springs and new kyb gr2 struts and it has after market 17" rims with lo-pro tires (keeping the speedo correct). i have tire pressure set at 32 psi. and i just had sears give it an alignment but they were giving me a hard time about it since it has been lowered. it generally pulls to the left, but some times to the right. but it always seems to have the vibration. so my main question is, where should i look first or take it somewhere else for an alignment or what? im not the best when it come to suspension problems >_<

thanks for the help guys and gals!

Look for a tire shop that has a Hunter Road Force 9700 balancer. I suspect one or more of your front (and maybe back) wheels need a good balancing.
As far as your alignment: I'd have an actual Alignment shop do the alignment. We have some here in San Diego that specialize in alignments and do many lowered vehicles. If they don't have the right camber kit or longer bolts to arrive at the correct alignment, they have sources to buy them from. That's the kind of alignment shop you may need.

I'm in Tampa FL so I'll look around. And I'll look for a camber kit too. Do they cost a lot for a chamber kit?

well i took it to a legit tire shop like you said. the toe was off on the right side causing it to go left, and they said all four of my tires had little bumps in them causeing the vibration. at least it goes straight now. i can deal with the vibration until i get new tires.

Little bumps? That's strange. Did they have an explanation as to what caused them?

Back