Driver's Side Floor Gets Wet

jordoe28

:
Mazda Protege ES
Hi, I have been trying to figure out this problem for a while now and with no luck. Whenever it rains, my driver's side floor becomes wet. I pulled up the rug and put the garden hose on the windshield/hood of the car and I saw water trickle down from the right front side where the dead peddle is. Logically, I thought it was the seal on my windshield, so I had my windshield resealed only to find the problem still exists. My car has a sun roof and I checked the drain plugs which were not clogged as I saw the water trickled out near the front tires when I poured it in them.

I am driving a 2002 automatic Protege ES.

Any other suggestions on where this leak might be coming from would be appreciated.

Hi jordoe28, we have the same protege, not only does the front get wet but the back as well!
Our fix was to remove drivers seat, roll carpet up & smear lots of silicone up (inside drivers side center) where a seam is rotted, as well as the whole corner top to bottom! Also we opened the drain holes (read jabbed screwdriver and twist) with the windshield grill off.

Arghh I bet that is the problem. So you just siliconed up in the front part above the dead peddle and what not?

Thank you for the reply!

Back